• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

IamThunderbolt

Reaction score
With apologies to damo, it's time to start it up.

Input needed

We started choosing draft position based on previous year's finish/and a league challenge. I have 4th pick. 12 team league, S curve.

picks 10-12 are taken

considering between 2nd, 6th, and 9th.

Keeper league, up to 3 keepers can be retained for the previous round's pick (i.e. a player drafted in the 5th round can be kept for 4th round this year - Cannot keep both 1st and 2nd round pick, anyone drafted 8th round+ is worth a 7th round pick)

my team from last year:

Team Round Cost
Cam Newton (QB) 2
DeSean Jackson (WR) 7
Rishard Matthews (WR) 7
Todd Gurley (RB) 1
Coby Fleener (TE) 5
Carlos Hyde (RB) 4
Taylor Gabriel (WR) 7
Donte Moncrief (WR) 3
Marquess Wilson (WR) 7
Quincy Enunwa (WR) 7
Torrey Smith (WR) 7
Anquan Boldin (WR) 7
Chris Ivory (RB) 5
Jared Cook (TE) 7

Thinking Rishard Matthew is the only keeper with value, maybe Wilson (who would then be a 6th round if I'm keeping two 7th round value players)

Last edited:
IaT: the cupboard looks pretty bare. I'd go second and get a workhorse RB1.

DJax at 7th round seems pretty solid to me. He's at least a WR3/Flex this year, if not WR2 as long as he stays healthy.

true, but if most teams use their 1st round pick to keep someone which i will NOT be doing), there's not much added value in picking earlier in rd 1.

Did Bell go in 1st last year with suspension? If yes, then take 6(all top 6 guys would have gone in 1st round last year and should not be able to be kept). If not, take a top 5 pick. There are 6 top guys, you need 1 of them.

Start with a $25 entry. Every year that you keep a player, you have to add $5 and lose a draft spot.

Freeman $10
Stewart $10
AB $10
Hilton $5
Keenan Allen $10
Crowder $5

The only one I'm unsure about is Stewart but my RBs are trash outside of him and Freeman.

Did Bell go in 1st last year with suspension? If yes, then take 6(all top 6 guys would have gone in 1st round last year and should not be able to be kept). If not, take a top 5 pick. There are 6 top guys, you need 1 of them.

1 round players can be kept for a first round spot - but then you can't keep your 2nd round pick - essentially both 2nd and 1st round picks from last year are worth a 1st round pick. I'm assuming most people will keep their first round pick (with the exception of folks like me who drafted Gurley in the 1st). I'm trying to find the sweet spot of unkept 1st rounders but having a high enough 2nd round pick to do well. If all the great picks are kept in the 1st round, a higher 2nd round pick may be better than a higher 1st round pick. New keeper rules rules this year and trying to figure out best strategy.

Start with a $25 entry. Every year that you keep a player, you have to add $5 and lose a draft spot.

Freeman $10
Stewart $10
AB $10
Hilton $5
Keenan Allen $10
Crowder $5

The only one I'm unsure about is Stewart but my RBs are trash outside of him and Freeman.

"Outside of him?"

I think Stewart will get carries and may be the goal line guy, but he's essentially a CMC handcuff even if he starts.

"Outside of him?"

I think Stewart will get carries and may be the goal line guy, but he's essentially a CMC handcuff even if he starts.

Yeah, my other RBs are Charles, Rodgers, and Farrow. I'm not keeping either of those three.

Farrow? I don't think anybody had him in the Pit 1 20 team league.

Ezekiel Elliot suspended 6 games. For those that had early drafts and took him, ouch.

He can appeal.

Ezekiel Elliot suspended 6 games. For those that had early drafts and took him, ouch.

He can appeal.

Should have gotten the LeVeon Bell treatment, but I'm sure some people couldn't help it. He'll appeal and it will get knocked down to 4 games. This makes McFadden and/or Alfred Morris very interesting later round pickups. I did it last year with DeAngelo, which ended up winning me my league's regular season.

Sammy Watkins' stock has apparently plummeted upon news of his trade from the Bills to the Rams. Not a lot of faith in Jared Goff.

Keeper PPR 12 team league -

Keep LeVeon and lose 8th pick in first round.

Or

Keep Pryor lose 13th round pick.

Pryor better value but I'm not going to get an elite player in keeper league @8 if I don't keep Bell.

Back