• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Champions League 2017/2018 - New & Improved: Arsenal Free (NWT)

Napoli v. Nice tonight in a qualifier which should be a terrific match ... Rijeka v. Olympiakos tie might also be sneaky awesome (and have 5 red cards over the 2 legs).

Napoli v. Nice tonight in a qualifier which should be a terrific match ... Rijeka v. Olympiakos tie might also be sneaky awesome (and have 5 red cards over the 2 legs).

No Sneijder or Super Mario for Nice though. But yeah, looks to be a great match.

Man United still in Pot 3? Or did that run put us up?

I hate David Moyes. (And Louis van Gaal...maybe more because I expected so much more from him.)

Man United still in Pot 3? Or did that run put us up?

I hate David Moyes. (And Louis van Gaal...maybe more because I expected so much more from him.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_UEFA_Champions_League

Seeding pot 1 (by association rank)[25]
Spain Real Madrid CC: 176.999
Germany Bayern Munich CC: 154.899
England Chelsea CC: 106.192
Italy Juventus CC: 140.666
Portugal Benfica CC: 111.866
France Monaco CC: 62.333
Russia Spartak Moscow CC: 18.606
Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk CC: 87.526

Seeding pot 2
Spain Barcelona CC: 151.999
Spain Atlético Madrid CC: 142.999
France Paris Saint-Germain CC: 126.333
Germany Borussia Dortmund CC: 124.899
England Manchester City CC: 100.192
Portugal Porto CC: 98.866
England Manchester United CC: 95.192

Seeding pot 2 or 3 (TBD)
England Tottenham Hotspur CC: 77.192

Seeding pot 3
Switzerland Basel CC: 74.415
Belgium Anderlecht CC: 58.480
Italy Roma CC: 53.666
Turkey Beşiktaş CC: 45.840

Seeding pot 3 or 4 (TBD)
Netherlands Feyenoord CC: 23.212

Seeding pot 4
Germany RB Leipzig CC: 15.899

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

Last edited:
Maribor with a huge away goal in Israel. They have a decent chance of going through, and CL group stage football in Slovenia would be awesome.

They've got an awesomely stylish stadium that seats like 10k. Would be amazing for them to be hosting somebody like Bayern or Manchester United.

Congrats to vad for waiting 20 years to post this thread that shows his schadenfreude towards The Kings of London in the title.

This is the Europa League Thread too, right?

Everton hosts Hajduk Split in a couple mins and MY BOY Lookman is getting the start out right. Rooney playing as a sole center striker though. Not sure about that.

The best part is that the club is streaming it for free on their Youtube page since its not being televised (which is strange as the first two matches against a small Slovakian village team were on TV in the UK)

Jesus Christ Everton go up 1-0 on a Michael Keane header off a Bainesy cross and the Croat fans are going insane in their corner. They're trying to get on the pitch and have kicked over the boarding while throwing bottles and broken chairs. The stewards and police had to come on the field and the ref stopped the game. To their credit the Split players and coaches have come over to calm their fans down and plead for them to stop. Good job living up to your reputation you animals.

Hell no. Take that Europa League nonsense to the PL thread like last season.

Crazy start to this match. Teams just flying back and forth creating chances. Mane should have scored on a 1v1 with the keeper.

EMRE CAN GOOOOOOOOOOOAL.

2-0 Salah.

Liverpool are kicking the shit out of them. After all of Hoff's "better football" talk they can't keep the ball for more than ten seconds.

This is a joy to watch. Firmino absolutely carving Hoffenheim apart. Granted, they're all over the map. Sunderland would beat these guys at the moment.

Some gorgeous passages of play. Reminds me of the Suarez-Sturridge era. Attacking flair out the ass, glaring defensive liabilities in the back.

While we were talking Nazis and Confederate generals, Turner quietly snapped up next year's UEFA rights.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/turner-uefa-european-soccer-rights-streaming-service-1202530807/

That isn't new but their offering of the games via an over-the-top service is. Sounds like they'll do one game per timeslot on TV, then the rest will be confined to the OTT service that peeps will have to pay for.

I'll miss this age of unlimited soccer being offered as long as you subscribed to a given cable channel. Back to the not-so-legal streams it is

Back