• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Solar Eclipse Thread

Apple says that you can use your iPhone to observe the eclipse. Just turn your back to the sun and look at your phone in selfie mode.

100% in my driveway today. The wife is fixing a spread and we are set

So there's another p sweet total eclipse that will cut right through NC but not until 2078 and I realized I might be DEAD then. Shit is getting heavy folks.

There was a bunch of negativity around my office this morning. Got hit with "Nah, I'll be here when you get back", "Hope its gone by the time I get off", "Not interested". What's with the Debbie downers? I think its pretty flipping cool.

Got the mass email from our president to go outside, but now we're getting some clouds rolling in....

So there's another p sweet total eclipse that will cut right through NC but not until 2078 and I realized I might be DEAD then. Shit is getting heavy folks.

Thanks Obamacare.

Apple says that you can use your iPhone to observe the eclipse. Just turn your back to the sun and look at your phone in selfie mode.

There seem to be conflicting reports about this. I told my students that if they do this, make sure you can't see the suns reflection in the phone with the camera off. Looking at the reflection of the sun in your phone can damage your eyes, although it would take longer than if you just looked straight at the sun.

The don't look at the sun or your eyes will melt off warning is for all the rubes that would just straight up stare at that shit for 60 minutes straight.

If you look under a tree during the partial eclipse, you might see a pattern of crescents that is basically the spaces between the leaves acting as a pinhole camera.

Has anybody ever been blinded by sunlight? You'd think if there was a kid who stared at the sun and went blind, he would be a cautionary tale for generations of kids.

Ozzy Osbourne performing the entire album Bark At The Moon this afternoon at a music festival in rural Illinois.

Back