• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Solar Eclipse Thread

Yep. 93% here in Raleigh- just felt alittle cooler is all.

I was driving downtown during it. It sucked. Seemed like it was overcast, that's it.

Just like the PMT boys have theorized, this is nothing more than BIG NASA trying to stay relevant.

My daughter went down to Winnsboro, SC to watch it at some farm. My mother-in-law locked her keys in the trunk along with all the food and water for seven people.

I drove to totality - the most breathtaking thing I have ever seen. Was like a firework of the sun when totality hit. I was completely awestruck by the experience.

Now I will be even more insufferable at cocktail parties.

Last edited:
Is Melania wearing eclipse glasses? If she is, she literally can't see anything but the sun, so it's strange that she's not looking up.

Meh. She may have been distracted by people telling her husband not be stare at the sun.

Clemson was fantastic. More people there than gameday and folks we're set up and some tailgating in the green spaces on campus. We found our way to the main stage they had set up and watched there. Totality is without a doubt the coolest/most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Tons of energy in the crowd too, which made it even cooler.

Today absolutely has turned me into an eclipse chaser. Going to try and see it in Argentina in 2 years but if not then I'll be sure to find my way somewhere to see it in the states in 2024.

Very cool experience.

Yo Say Hey! Did you see that the church of Satan is glad that so many people enjoyed the satanic symbolism and science of the eclipse! Yes! Science!

The Church of Satan Wants You to Know Their Guy Isn't Responsible for the Eclipse https://bars.tl/Vu6u/UTznrMQvNF

Meh. She may have been distracted by people telling her husband not be stare at the sun.

It's so funny that you can actually see him say "....it's bright" and then Melania asks if he has his glasses and he reaches into his pocket and says "Yea I got em"

Is Melania wearing eclipse glasses? If she is, she literally can't see anything but the sun, so it's strange that she's not looking up.

Nah, those are regular sunglasses, she switched before looking at the sun because she's a functioning adult who is able to follow directions. You can see the eclipse glasses in her hands in the beginning.

Anybody else getting stoked for Eclipse 2024 in Buffalo ?

Looks like it's just going to miss Nova Scotia, so the Carly Simon lyric from "You're So Vain," will not apply.

Up here, we had about half an hour where everything went all sepia toned like a Steven Soderbergh movie. It was hazy to begin with, so that just compounded the effect. Reckon I can AirBnB my house in 2024. Early April is gorgeous up here if you're Inuit.

Totality was pretty great. I drove down to my parents' house near Clemson over the weekend and stayed for the eclipse today. What was not great was that a normally 3:15 drive home became a 6:30 drive right after totality was over.

I saw it in Charleston. It was amazing. High clouds, so you couldn't see any stars, but they were whispy enough that they didn't really interfere with the corona. We had 1 minute and 33 seconds of totality, and the diamond shining through at the end of totality was like Gandalf charging down the hill with the Rohirrim and the rising sun behind them at Helm's Deep. I will be going to Cleveland in 2024.

Dallas has better food

I drove over 9 hours for 2 minutes of awesome

The drive rt should have been 4 hours

Worse traffic jams I've ever experienced

It was worth it

So my new life goal is to make it to 2078 when the total eclipse is over my house and I am pushing 100 years old. Told wife I want us to bang one last time during the eclipse and then hang ourselves. Would be a p sweet way to go out.

Back