• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017 Carolina Panthers Thread: Bersin or Bust

I took late round to be 6th or 7th. No way should we be looking for a QB anywhere before that.

If the worst happens to Cam, we'd be better off just letting the season go and using a high pick the next year on a QB.

We don't have enough talent to win with a late round young backup QB or forgo drafting other positions to pick up a QB.

QBs that went in the 3rd round or later since 2011, who I'd really like to have over DA or Webb since 2011 are below.

Tyrod Taylor
Kirk Cousins
Nick Foles
Russell Wilson
Landry Jones
Mike Glennon
AJ McCarron
Aaron Murray (maybe)
Logan Thomas (maybe)
Bryce Petty (maybe)
Brett Hundley (maybe)
Trevor Siemian
Cardale Jones
Dak Prescott
Cody Kessler
Jacoby Brissett
Brad Kaaya
Josh Dobbs

I stopped reading when I glanced and saw Mike Glennon

Pats are trying to trade Kony Ealy. GMan playing chess.

Mike Glennon is better than DA or Webb. I think Josh Dobbs has a lot of potential, and could be a nice Cam-lite replacement in the event of injury.

If Mike Glennon was my starting QB i'd rather just forfeit every game.

Mike Glennon is better than DA or Webb. I think Josh Dobbs has a lot of potential, and could be a nice Cam-lite replacement in the event of injury.

That's fair but we would have had to take him with the same pick we used to get Short.

giphy.gif

Just curious. What would the attitude here be if the Panthers somehow took a chance with Kaepernick as a backup?

Would people flip their shit? I know Old Man Richardson wouldn't do it, but I'm curious. He would BY FAR be in the top 2-3 best backups in the league, and he fills the same Cam role, so playcalling wouldn't have to change much.

I'm not arguing for him, but I DO think it's insane that he's on his couch while guys like Sean Mannion, Scott Tolzien, and Ryan Mallett have steady paychecks.

He isn't worth the distraction. Tebow is better than the guys you mentioned as well, but there is a reason why he isn't on an NFL team and it isn't racial.

For such an uptight owner, Big Cat seems to have put together perhaps the loosest locker room in the league. I say that, meaning it really looks like our guys enjoy playing football and having fun. I think a lot of that comes from the tone Cam sets as the leader. While Kaep would obviously be a talented pick up, I'm not sure he's particularly worth the locker room drama and politics he would bring with him, even if he never did another controversial thing in his career.

But that is also just pure and total social speculation. If he made it through the vetting process, and the team was cool with it, then I certainly wouldn't have any personal objections to signing him.

Last edited:
I don't like him because of the TD celebration he did during the divisional round several years ago. Petty yes, but that's my reason. I don't think he and Cam would be very tight

Any talk of Kaep is kinda silly because Webb has looked pretty good this preseason.

I don't like him because of the TD celebration he did during the divisional round several years ago. Petty yes, but that's my reason. I don't think he and Cam would be very tight

Yeah, he's dead to me. I hope he never plays in the NFL again, and I really wish he would stop being a story. Dude should have a statue outside of the snowflake hall of fame on one knee.

I lose track of when nonviolent protest is acceptable and when it isn't.

I just wish the NFL would stop politicizing the players and go back to doing the anthem before players come on the field.

I lose track of when nonviolent protest is acceptable and when it isn't.

I just wish the NFL would stop politicizing the players and go back to doing the anthem before players come on the field.

Wait, this is on the NFL now?

Wait, this is on the NFL now?

Players used to come out after the national anthem and other pregame fanfare. That changed some time after 9/11. Also, the military has a large contract with the NFL.

If you don't want the NFL pregame to be politicized, that's on the NFL, not the players.

If someone is politicizing the national anthem, that is on them, not the organization playing the national anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back