• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we win it all this year, he won't be an interim GM.

Picked up J-Stew in the late rounds of my FF Auction draft last night for a $1. He's still going to get the red zone carries, right?

I liked Webb as a versatile Swiss Army knife, but let's pump the brakes on his cut making our backup QB situation shaky.
He never threw a pass as QB for the Panthers, and has only thrown the ball in 1 game since the 2011 season (11-30 in a 2012 playoff game).

I just got an alert that said CMC has his own playbook.

Given that CMC missed some of camp and he didn't get many preseason carries, I think he will see something like 10 touches a game the first few weeks.

I liked Webb as a versatile Swiss Army knife, but let's pump the brakes on his cut making our backup QB situation shaky.
He never threw a pass as QB for the Panthers, and has only thrown the ball in 1 game since the 2011 season (11-30 in a 2012 playoff game).

It's shaky because DA is in obvious decline and Brad Kaaya is the #3.

Webb is one of the few QBs who could do any justice running an offense built for Cam.

Given that CMC missed some of camp and he didn't get many preseason carries, I think he will see something like 10 touches a game the first few weeks.

I'll take the over on that.

Average of 12 possession a team, panthers clearly 12 three and outs a game, about 50/50 run pass so maybe 3 designed pass play/check downs and 12 runs. So he gets 15 touches a game.

It's shaky because DA is in obvious decline and Brad Kaaya is the #3.

Webb is one of the few QBs who could do any justice running an offense built for Cam.

Agree it's shaky considering DA's play the last 2 years, but Webb being cut didn't make it any more shaky.

I just think against a first string defense, Webb would suck at QB. He has looked pretty good in August playing against people who are currently looking for jobs.

I don't seeing us winning any game with him as starting QB. Probably say the same about DA.

How many teams with a top 15 QB would win with their backup?

Panthers beat writers shutting this rumor down on twitter, saying is holds no truth whatsoever.

What is the rumor even supposed to imply? He has secret plays? He's too dumb to get the full playbook?

@PanthersBill: Only two guys not practicing today: Cole Luke and Jared Norris.

Great news

How many teams with a top 15 QB would win with their backup?

Probably 3-5 teams at most, which goes to my original point that we shouldn't care about cutting Webb.

Seems to suggest that keeping an emergency QB who knows the system and fulfills multiple roles makes more sense than signing a low ceiling rookie QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back