• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got pretty close to it when Trai played RT two years ago.

From Ron's presser today:

The Riot Report @RRiotReport
Rivera says he thinks some of the struggles are coming from the implementing of three new coordinators and so many new/returning players

Joe Person @josephperson
Ron Rivera says Panthers have had to deal "with some pretty inclement weather" in recent weeks.

Max Henson @PanthersMax
Rivera on Curtis Samuel not playing much: "A little to do with scheme, a little with the (game) situation."... On C.J. Anderson getting one snap: "We're going to play guys as the coaches see fit."

Rivera says he thinks Thomas will have a role going forward, says they used a lot of 11 personnel yesterday which limited his participation.

Rivera and Danny don't belong in the same breath. C'mon, a little rationality people, it was a tough loss but deep breaths

Nope, If Hurney hadn't drafted Cam, Rivera would be a D coordinator or retired somewhere right now.

So a coach without a franchise QB wouldn't have lasted eight years in his job. Bold stuff.

From Ron's presser today:

Rivera says he thinks some of the struggles are coming from the implementing of three new coordinators and so many new/returning players

Joe Person @josephperson
Ron Rivera says Panthers have had to deal "with some pretty inclement weather" in recent weeks.

Max Henson @PanthersMax
B

Rivera says he thinks Thomas will have a role going forward, says they used a lot of 11 personnel yesterday which limited his participation.
Fire him.

The articles on CSR are on point. I haven't been this pissed since the Bills loss before Rivera became "Riverboat Ron."

Oh, maybe he is trying to make to push Tepper for that inside practice field. I thought he was talking about game conditions.

He couldn't have. The game weather has been fine, right? If Rivera doesn't get his act together, he won't be coaching in that indoor practice facility. There's no excuse for not making the playoffs this year. The NFC is crap besides the Rams and Saints.

Yeah, he was talking about the weather during practices. I went back and listened to the full quote for context. The reporter asked him about what they're going to do in practice in an effort to correct some of the mistakes and turnovers that have been hurting them in games. Rivera's full reply was, "The hard part is we've had to deal with some pretty inclement weather the last couple of weeks. Secondly, those are things that are going to happen in games. We created a fumble that popped into their guy's hands and he gets 6 yards. We had a fumble that popped into our guy's hands and didn't gain any yards. Those things happen. That's part of the fortunes of football. We'll just continue to do the things that we do."

Yeah, he was talking about the weather during practices. I went back and listened to the full quote for context. The reporter asked him about what they're going to do in practice in an effort to correct some of the mistakes and turnovers that have been hurting them in games. Rivera's full reply was, "The hard part is we've had to deal with some pretty inclement weather the last couple of weeks. Secondly, those are things that are going to happen in games. We created a fumble that popped into their guy's hands and he gets 6 yards. We had a fumble that popped into our guy's hands and didn't gain any yards. Those things happen. That's part of the fortunes of football. We'll just continue to do the things that we do."

Well Charlotte did get hit with a tropical storm so I guess thats legit.

LOL at anyone pointing at Cam for the loss yesterday, that's preposterous. Ron is a pussy, always has been and always will be. Turned to the GF when he punted on the first drive and said I guarantee that bites us in the ass. Curtis playing 3 snaps is indefensible. Defense wasn't great but got better as the game went on. Had the ball 3 times in the second half, scored the first two, obviously would have scored on the last one also if we had just needed a fg but that's not how football works. Was a weird game, but you aren't going to win many games when you lose the turnover battle 3-0. Shocking we had a chance, and if we had capable coaching yesterday we probably would have won.

After seeing McVay and Payton before him, you pretty much gotta go young offensive mind with your coach. None of these old stodgy defensive types.

He was 15 of his last 16 before those last 3 plays. Cam was pretty much the only reason we were in the game, and that seems to happen a lot. Won't agree with anyone trashing him.

With Cam’s arm and the speed on the roster, we need to take deep shots.

I feel like Norv has the training wheels on when Cam is capable of doing much more.

With Cam’s arm and the speed on the roster, we need to take deep shots.

I feel like Norv has the training wheels on when Cam is capable of doing much more.

I agree with this. Saw a compelling video - may have been on this thread, if so repost please - that showed that Cam is smart QB capable to making reads and throws from the pocket. It said the team's scheme and play calling was holding him back.

The only gripe against Cam I've heard that I agree with have to do with his footwork and mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back