• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the early bye.

Great schedule for NC ex-pats like meself tho. Four weekends with Wake and Panthers home games (including ND and Clemson), and Thanksgiving and Christmas at home as well

goddamn ending the season with Saints, Falcons, @ Saints

this schedule sucks

How does a playoff team not get a SNF game?

No room left after giving Handsome Jimmy those 5 primetime appearances.....as well as the Cowboys.

Poor Jags, only got one TNF and one SNF game, and they were almost in the Super Bowl last year....

Thursday night road game against a good team is about the worst thing you can get on an NFL schedule.

Initial read is we have to crush the first eight games because the last eight games are much more difficult

CBS Sports full mock:

Carolina Panthers
ROUND OVERALL PLAYER NOTES
1 24 Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
2 39 Justin Reid, FS, Stanford from CAR
2 55 Traded to Chicago
3 85 Traded to Chicago from BUF
3 88 Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State
5 161 Keke Coutee, WR, Texas Tech
6 197 Marcell Frazier, DE, Missouri
7 234 Taylor Hearn, G, Clemson from LAC/BUF
7 242 Ryan Izzo, TE, Florida State

It's not a super sexy draft, but I do like the idea of us trading up in the 2nd if Reid is still available and hopefully shoring up our secondary and turning it into a strength for the foreseeable future. However, those traded picks are where I'm hoping we get a Nick Chub or Bo Scarborough level RB. It sucks that the only lineman we take in this scenario is in the 7th round.

On a different note, if we're going to go TE in the first, we had better make damn sure we take the best one, because if we don't it's going to be a double whammy when the Saints likely take one 3 picks later.

Last edited:
Woman reporter trying to talk about routes? Psht

I’ll see myself out.

I'll go on record predicting we take Jaire Alexander Thursday night, assuming a stud doesn't fall that we can't pass on. This is assuming Ridley and Moore are both gone. If the Pats or Cards take Jaire in front of us, then I think we take Hurst or next best CB on the board.

Gonna get me $20 for my Christian Kirk bet !

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7708-1378751427-0.gif

Are there any mock drafts that have us taking Kirk at 24? I just don't see it happening

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to bring in Jarius Wright and Torrey Smith if our plan is to draft Christian Kirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back