• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad Kalil gave up two sacks. Just completely blew them. Maybe one or two more pressures.

My Lord. Ian Thomas on that drag route. Getting a TE with that kind of ceiling in the 4th is a steal.

This offense could be amazing with a good OL.

Cook and Kamara could have made that play too. I think CMC will work out but he won’t be significantly better than other RBs in his class.

Cook and Kamara could have made that play too. I think CMC will work out but he won’t be significantly better than other RBs in his class.

The thought here makes sense, but you can't know for sure that you will be able to get Cook or Kamara later on. CMC was a high pick and he's a good player, glad he's on our team.

Joe Person went to The Athletic, which seems to be launching some kind of Carolina coverage thing with Panthers, Hornets, Canes and Big 4

After one season it’s impossble to know any of that. The other two could have injuries tomorrow and never play another down and CMC would significantly out perform both. Unlikely but impossible to know at this point how any of their careers will play out. I’d have gone another way with the draft pick but less because of what CMC gives you and more due to the other holes on the team.

Joe Person went to The Athletic, which seems to be launching some kind of Carolina coverage thing with Panthers, Hornets, Canes and Big 4

That sounds excellent. Coverage so far of teams they have targeted has been excellent.

And if the 2017 draft was re-done, Kamara would be a top-10 pick. He was good drafting by the Saints, not bad drafting by the Panthers. Russell Wilson getting drafted in the 3rd round doesn't mean that Andrew Luck was drafted too high at #1 overall. The NFL draft is such a crapshoot, if you have the opportunity to get a top-level impact player, especially at a position of need, then you take him regardless of the round/pick and don't think twice.

Other than Lattimore and Deshaun Watson, who the Panthers weren't taking, none of the guys taken in the first round after CMC, and even most of the guys taken ahead of him, are remotely as good or impactful as CMC. The post-first-season questioning of CMC's draft position by Panthers fans is one of the weirdest fanbase criticisms I have ever seen.

I assume you're trolling since Fournette went 4th and the Panthers had the 8th pick.

I'm pretty convinced CMC was our guy all along though, even if Fournette fell.

Big 3- UNC, Duke, NCSU
Medium 3- App St. WF, ECU
Tiny 3- WSSU, Elon, UNCW

Honorable mention- DCCC, UNCC

Bad Kalil has a knee injury

Our oline is........ Not good

Good thing we didn't draft any depth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back