• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad spells? The running game has been disappointing all season after drafting an RB in the first round. Hell, we've got first round picks at QB and the top two RB spots. There's no excuse for this.

Bad spells? The running game has been disappointing all season after drafting an RB in the first round. Hell, we've got first round picks at QB and the top two RB spots. There's no excuse for this.

Not saying it's ever been amazing this year, but it was fine against the Saints and Pats, and 20th in the league in rushing isn't THAT bad.

It has been an unmitigated disaster the last two games obviously, but that simply won't last. We only had four days to fix it against one of the best run Ds in the game which din't help matters

Your run game isn't going to get fixed until the Panthers gets their heads out of their asses and just puts Stewart on the bench. McCaffrey should be getting 15 carries a game easily. Watching the Panthers squander McCaffrey's talent is agonizing.

Sincerely,
An Eagles Fan

Your run game isn't going to get fixed until the Panthers gets their heads out of their asses and just puts Stewart on the bench. McCaffrey should be getting 15 carries a game easily. Watching the Panthers squander McCaffrey's talent is agonizing.

Sincerely,
An Eagles Fan

There's a lot to unpack here. Overall, Stewart has been fine. McCaffrey is getting tons of touches this year.

Couldn't tell if a lot of the runs for Stewart had him bouncing outside, if he was taking it outside because the line couldn't get any push against the Eagles' front four, or a combination of the two. It looked like the inside lanes were open on a few plays and Stewart instead was trying to go off tackle or outside.

I found this post of mine in the old thread from last year....

"Here are my good and bad BOLD predictions for this year on offense and defense...

THE GOOD:
1) KB has more than 10 touchdowns this year
2) Julius Peppers has more than 8 sacks this year

THE BAD:
1) Gano misses two game winning field goals in separate games as time expires
2) Lukeeeeeeee is actually playing his last year of football, as he goes down with another concussion ending his career"

Safe to say I'll take the blame for Luke. Gano has proved me wrong, Peppers is on track, and KB is nowhere close to 10 TDs although he's been playing better lately.

There's a lot to unpack here. Overall, Stewart has been fine. McCaffrey is getting tons of touches this year.

Couldn't tell if a lot of the runs for Stewart had him bouncing outside, if he was taking it outside because the line couldn't get any push against the Eagles' front four, or a combination of the two. It looked like the inside lanes were open on a few plays and Stewart instead was trying to go off tackle or outside.

Wait, what?

Stewart has 26 rushing attempts for 17 yards over the last 2 games and that's somehow fine? In the last two game McCaffrey has only had a total of 7 attempts and he got 15 yards in those attempts. McCaffrey has been getting a lot of touches in the passing game but he needs to be given more rushing attempts.

85 rushes for 247 yards with a 2.9 YPC average with 1 fumble and 0 TDs + 6 receptions for 44 yards with 1 TD 1 INT is "fine"?

He's had a bad last couple games but I don't think he's been the major problem. The bulk of the issues is the offensive line and which play calls each running back gets (IMO).

Averaging 2.14 yards a carry is better than averaging .65 yards a carry but to me this shows that there's an issue beyond which running back is playing.

He's had a bad last couple games but I don't think he's been the major problem. The bulk of the issues is the offensive line and which play calls each running back gets (IMO).

Averaging 2.14 yards a carry is better than averaging .65 yards a carry but to me this shows that there's an issue beyond which running back is playing.

weebae-ohhh.gif

85 rushes for 247 yards with a 2.9 YPC average with 1 fumble and 0 TDs + 6 receptions for 44 yards with 1 TD 1 INT is "fine"?

CMC is 38 attempts for 104 yards (2.7 YPC) with 1 fumble and 0 TDs + 32 receptions for 293 yards and 2 TDs.

It's not likely that CMC gets more touches in the receiving game (he's averaging over 6 catches a game) and the discussion was about who is running the football.

I mean it's not "fine" relative to a top tier back, but it's all relative to the team which was the underlying discussion I thought. Plus it gets back to my point that the issue also lies with the offensive line.

O-Line run push is definitely a massive issue, but Stewart is doo doo too. Both are dumpster fires and neither are "fine"

I'll admit nothing about the running game is particularly good.

I was primarily targeting the notion that CMC should be getting more carries. Stewart is averaging more yards a carry over a wider sample size and it's clear that the offensive game plan is to get CMC his touches from receptions - which is difficult to argue with given his productivity in that area.

I have a hard time blaming Stewart's production on Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back