• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday looms large. Fork in the road. Could see our season going in either direction depending on what happens.

Need to win some home games. Saw people complaining about the Bears loss but 4-1 on the road is great, only the Steelers are equal to us with 4 road wins. The Saints L was the bigger fail to me

Last edited:
Saints L doesn't look quite as bad now, even though the way we played that game was pathetic. Eagles L doesn't look awful either but the way we gave away that game and the Bears game stings. Doesn't feel like either one of those two teams did enough to get the win, but that's football sometimes.

Obvious post is obvious, but this Sunday decides our entire season. If we win we make the playoffs, if we lose we don't. I honestly think it's as simple as that

May have been posted already but saw this floating around Twitter:

"McCaffrey has one game of over 20 yards rushing this season.

The Panthers used the 8th overall pick on a slot WR averaging 7.7 YPC."

Meh, more proof that stats are overrated. The Panthers are 5-3 and McCaffrey is, by far, the best offensive player on the team (given Olsen's injury).

McC has shown great hands so far this season and an ability to get open on short routes. Yards after catch should come. Is his future as a pure slot receiver / third down back or will he develop into a good all-purpose running back?

A lot of teams have taken busts higher in the draft. I'm sure they would love to trade those picks for McCaffrey's production.

Keep in mind that McCaffrey is the only offensive threat on the Panthers team, often drawing sextuple coverage.

So CMC is doing what Samuels was drafted to do.

People were saying CMC could have 500+ yards rushing, receiving, and returning. He's doing well as a receiver but not the rest.

He absolutely stinks going through the middle on runs but his catching and ability to help us convert those 3 and mediums or shorts (sometimes long) is very valuable.

i concede defeat on CMC, but our rushing offense is a disaster in general not just with him and he has a been a big plus for the offense despite the lack of big plays. if JStew was in there running between the tackles it would be one thing but he's getting tackled behind the like of scrimmage too. our run blocking suck ass.

this looks like CMC's floor and he's still an important part of the offense. so his floor is like 3rd round value? bfd, like half the first round busts every year.

was listening on the radio yesterday and I never heard them say -- why wasn't CMC returning punts?

I remain astonished at the negativity sometimes directed at CMC. No way anyone that knows football could be negative on him. The guy is out there virtually every single play - as a rookie - on a good NFL team for a reason.

I remain astonished at the negativity sometimes directed at CMC. No way anyone that knows football could be negative on him. The guy is out there virtually every single play - as a rookie - on a good NFL team for a reason.

Not only out there, but the focal point of the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back