• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who

He gets his name spelled right when he doesn't suck

He doesn't suck. For him to be maximized, we'd use him in a very similar situation to how we're using CMC now. He was incredibly dynamic at OSU out of the backfield and in the slot, typically lined up on LBs, Safeties, or slot corners running short to intermediate routes with a ton of YAC. He caught a couple deep balls, but as a product of being in a 1 on 1 coverage against an inferior (and out of position) defender.

Expecting him to be able to be an immediate deep threat in the NFL was really dumb. I didn't really like the pick when we made it after drafting CMC, despite being a huge Samuel fan, and like it even less now.

shula also sucks, adding cmc and samuels was supposed to open up the playbook but instead our offense is super predictable. we run for a loss on 1st down. if CMC splits out wide from the backfield he is the target of the play. if samuel comes across in motion he is probably getting a sweep handoff. that is the entirety of shula's evolution.

I thought Samuel was supposed to be Ginn 2.0?

I mean, he basically is. Overrated tOSU WR who excelled in a shitty and slow Big Televenteen who is fast as hell but can't get open and/or catch. Ginn had 34 catches his rookie year in 16 games. Given the injuries, Samuel is probably right on that same 2 catch per game pace.

Well we could've just kept Ginn 1.0 who developed over several years in the NFL into a pretty solid WR2/3 option. Instead we took Ginn 2.0 who seemingly has the same flaws as Ginn 1.0 did early in his career.

Well we could've just kept Ginn 1.0 who developed over several years in the NFL into a pretty solid WR2/3 option. Instead we took Ginn 2.0 who seemingly has the same flaws as Ginn 1.0 did early in his career.

Ginn was a pretty solid WR1 for us

Could be a money issue, but with Ginn at $11 million over three years ($3 million guaranteed) I don't see that as a massive reason not to bring Ginn back.

You guys may need to lower your bar for these WR's (or any position really) that come out after their Junior year. Especially one that played in an Urban Meyer offense where the deep ball and WR sweep are all they know. Give the kid a chance to learn. He has been in the NFL for an injury riddled 8 games.

Now should we have taken a WR with limited experience at the position and is coming out of a bland offense after he decided to leave early? That's another question.

Last edited:
I mean, he basically is. Overrated tOSU WR who excelled in a shitty and slow Big Televenteen who is fast as hell but can't get open and/or catch. Ginn had 34 catches his rookie year in 16 games. Given the injuries, Samuel is probably right on that same 2 catch per game pace.

Good points. And even if we got Ted Ginn 2.0, he wouldn't be worth a high 2nd round pick.

You guys may need to lower your bar for these WR's (or any position really) that come out after their Junior year. Especially one that played in an Urban Meyer offense where the deep ball and WR sweep are all they know. Give the kid a chance to learn. He has been in the NFL for an injury riddled 8 games.

Now should we have taken a WR with limited experience at the position and is coming out of a bland offense after he decided to leave early? That's another question.

True I'll just ignore JuJu Smith

True I'll just ignore JuJu Smith

Yeah, we should have drafted JuJu Smith in the 2nd round. Then everyone would be happy. Maybe should have gotten Antonio Brown too before pick 195 back in 2010.

If you want to go ahead and mark off Samuel, knock yourself out. I simply think it'd be insanely unreasonable to do so.

Last edited:
Yeah, we should have drafted JuJu Smith in the 2nd round. Then everyone would be happy. Maybe should have gotten Antonio Brown too before pick 195 back in 2010.

If you want to go ahead and mark off Samuel, knock yourself out. I simply think it'd be insanely unreasonable to do so.

I was tongue in cheek there, I'm really just pissed at letting Ginn walk. Honestly don't understand that decision.

Me either. It seems like at the very least, he could have helped Samuel along in his early development. You would think there would have been a natural rapport with him being a Buckeye and all.

JuJu was the next WR taken, so it's not strange that we would compare him to Samuel. Kinda like comparing CMC to Cook or Funchess to Lockett.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back