Page 11 of 530 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Carolina Panthers OTAs

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    The Panthers need to win it all this year, as Hurney is going to run them back into the ground from a personnel standpoint relatively quickly.
    I was under the impression that no matter the results this season he is a one year interim GM.

Well if we win it all this year, he won't be an interim GM.

Fair trade, IMO

Picked up J-Stew in the late rounds of my FF Auction draft last night for a $1. He's still going to get the red zone carries, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Picked up J-Stew in the late rounds of my FF Auction draft last night for a $1. He's still going to get the red zone carries, right?
    I mean he's still the starter...

I liked Webb as a versatile Swiss Army knife, but let's pump the brakes on his cut making our backup QB situation shaky.
    He never threw a pass as QB for the Panthers, and has only thrown the ball in 1 game since the 2011 season (11-30 in a 2012 playoff game).

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    I just got an alert that said CMC has his own playbook.

Given that CMC missed some of camp and he didn't get many preseason carries, I think he will see something like 10 touches a game the first few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by qcdeac View Post
    I liked Webb as a versatile Swiss Army knife, but let's pump the brakes on his cut making our backup QB situation shaky.
    He never threw a pass as QB for the Panthers, and has only thrown the ball in 1 game since the 2011 season (11-30 in a 2012 playoff game).
    It's shaky because DA is in obvious decline and Brad Kaaya is the #3.

Webb is one of the few QBs who could do any justice running an offense built for Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post

Given that CMC missed some of camp and he didn't get many preseason carries, I think he will see something like 10 touches a game the first few weeks.
    I'll take the over on that.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I got him in a late round too. I think he should still get 15 carries a game

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDeacon View Post
    I'll take the over on that.
    WAAAAYYYYYYYY over.

I'd say midteens, maybe something like 16 or 17

Average of 12 possession a team, panthers clearly 12 three and outs a game, about 50/50 run pass so maybe 3 designed pass play/check downs and 12 runs. So he gets 15 touches a game.

It's shaky because DA is in obvious decline and Brad Kaaya is the #3.

Webb is one of the few QBs who could do any justice running an offense built for Cam.
    Agree it's shaky considering DA's play the last 2 years, but Webb being cut didn't make it any more shaky.

I just think against a first string defense, Webb would suck at QB. He has looked pretty good in August playing against people who are currently looking for jobs.

I don't seeing us winning any game with him as starting QB. Probably say the same about DA.

How many teams with a top 15 QB would win with their backup?

Panthers beat writers shutting this rumor down on twitter, saying is holds no truth whatsoever.

What is the rumor even supposed to imply? He has secret plays? He's too dumb to get the full playbook?

@PanthersBill: Only two guys not practicing today: Cole Luke and Jared Norris.

Great news

Quote Originally Posted by timdunkandthefunk View Post
    I was under the impression that no matter the results this season he is a one year interim GM.
    Haha, believe that nonsense at your own risk. Anything 6-10 or better and I guaranty Richardson extends his contract.

How many teams with a top 15 QB would win with their backup?
    Probably 3-5 teams at most, which goes to my original point that we shouldn't care about cutting Webb.

Seems to suggest that keeping an emergency QB who knows the system and fulfills multiple roles makes more sense than signing a low ceiling rookie QB.