• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, I think there is some cause for concern after one game about what the corners are doing. It could've easily been 7-0 San Fran early if not for that drop inside the five.

I'm working at our annual meeting and didn't get to watch any of the game (only got to listen to maybe a quarter of it). Which corners struggled? I didn't hear Captain's name once.

It is impressive we were able to run the clock out for the last 8 minutes or so starting with the ball on our 1.

We took care of business but I do think it's hard to get much out of yesterday's game, primarily because the 49ers appear to be just awful. That said, winning by 20 on the road against anyone in the NFL is a good sign.

We took care of business but I do think it's hard to get much out of yesterday's game, primarily because the 49ers appear to be just awful. That said, winning by 20 on the road against anyone in the NFL is a good sign.

Yeah and I think it really helped Cam get a feel for the game. He was awful in the first half.

Schedule really does set up well for getting Cam comfortable. The 49ers are a bottom five in terms of roster talent in the league, and I don't think Buffalo is much better. We'll see if there is any improvement tonight, but the Saints always seem to trot out a trash defense, and hell even the Pats D looks pretty pedestrian Thursday night.

Yeah and I think it really helped Cam get a feel for the game. He was awful in the first half.

The possession towards the end of the first half where we settled for a field goal was pretty demoralizing. First, Cam missed Greg who was just wide open on the left side of the field and then he missed a wide open Dickson by way overthrowing him. Those are plays an NFL QB has to make. I understand the rust, but the throw to Dickson was not a hard one at all and it wasn't even close to him.

Schedule really does set up well for getting Cam comfortable. The 49ers are a bottom five in terms of roster talent in the league, and I don't think Buffalo is much better. We'll see if there is any improvement tonight, but the Saints always seem to trot out a trash defense, and hell even the Pats D looks pretty pedestrian Thursday night.

Dunno, the Bills have Joe Webb now and he could be one of the top 65 QBs in the league.

and he was under no pressure and could just make a nice soft pass. oh well...he looked better in the second half.

Darryl WORSTLY is a problem though.

Except for Chiefs-Pats, a pretty ugly week of football for the NFL. I think the safety rules put in place for training camps and practices put the defense ahead of offense this time of year - esp in (lack of) run blocking. Panthers was just another ugly game yesterday.

Yeah, I'm hard pressed to call a 20 point road win "ugly" too. Cam didn't play well in the first half but I thought our line play in particular was outstanding.

@ColinCLT: CMC had four touches on 3rd down (3rd & 5/7/12/15) yesterday. All four resulted in a first down.

Overall a satisfying win IMO.

Bradberry didn't get his hands on that early pass that was dropped within the 5, but he was in great position. Great passes usually beat great defense. Luckily it was dropped. Bradberry looked really good otherwise.

Cam missed a throw badly in the RZ to HOF Ed, but he made good decisions all day. The deep shot to KB isn't a bad decision; he had KB downfield against a shorter defender. Ball just arrived late. Timing issues should get resolved with more reps.

Three 4th-down stops. Our RZ defense could be really good.

If the defense can get pressure like they did today, we'll disrupt most offenses. And because there's a rotation of fresh bodies, the pressure got better as the game advanced.

The biggest positive is the team played well even when Cam was struggling in the first half. CMC + Stewart could be really, really good. That conversion on 3 and 15 where Cam escaped pressure and dumped it to CMC for a 16 yard first down was pretty damn exciting. That's a play Cam would have had to make himself in years past; and precisely the situation for which CMC was drafted.

I'd be more worried about Cam if he didn't already start improving in the 2nd half. That was like a 5th preseason game. We kind of have a 6th preseason game next week too. Soft opening schedule huge boon this year.

CMC and JStew complement each other very well... want to see them on the field together as much as possible. CMC drew 3 defenders away from the play on Stew's TD.

Hoyer actually threw a dime on the drop inside the five. He had a small window on coverage there and it just got flat out dropped

The announcers yesterday seemed like they were kinda talking shit about CMC and how many touches he was getting. I thought some of his biggest impacts came from drawing defenders away from others as you guys have pointed out a few times, that missed throw to Ed being one of those plays that should have been a TD as a result of that attention. I was pretty impressed and also love the JStew/CMC combo. I'm also not as worried about Cam after the second half. He was making much better reads and throws as the game went on. Hope we can keep up that momentum and come out of the gate firing next week. Even the 2015 team got off to a pretty meh/slow start against shitty competition iirc.

Luckily we play another shit team this week and we'll see if the saints are any good tonight

Our front seven might kill Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back