• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of this season I think Cam is a good passing quarterback.

Yeah, Cam's QBR is higher than Brady or ARod this year, despite throwing for significantly fewer yards, meaning he's been pretty #elite at running through his progressions and checking down to shorter routes. Unfortunately, our #1 WR rarely gets much of any separation and can be a drop machine. I look forward to DJ becoming a legit WR1 next year.

I'll admit, the pick was on Cam. You can't blame Samuel for not breaking that up.

That being said, Cam has been our best player this season, offense and defense included. Our of 53 players you can blame for our failures, he's no. 53.

Yeah, Cam's QBR is higher than Brady or ARod this year, despite throwing for significantly fewer yards, meaning he's been pretty #elite at running through his progressions and checking down to shorter routes. Unfortunately, our #1 WR rarely gets much of any separation and can be a drop machine. I look forward to DJ becoming a legit WR1 next year.

Seriously. Cam has improved as a passer despite the fact his 5 targets on field include 1-3 players in their first or second year in the league. Third leg is his only experienced reliable target and his second leg has a bum foot.

I'm pretty excited for the future. If Cam can keep improving and CMC, DJ, Samuel continue their trajectory and Ian Thomas develops, Cam could have a Big Ben type run in his 30s with several great targets.

You are 100% right.

My theory on Cam is that he is such a freak of nature physically that at every level he played at, he was the best athlete on the field, hands down. Even at Auburn, his size, speed and agility were hard for D1 players to deal with. Once he got to the NFL, he was still one of the best athletes but of course at that level, you are playing the best of the best. His whole playing career, his running and strong arm were always able to mask his deficiencies in reading defenses, rout tree progression, etc. Now, more than ever at the NFL level, you MUST be able to read a defense, understand tendencies and go through a 5 man progression. (Rodgers and Brees are probably the best at this). For the reasons mentioned above I believe Cam has never had to buckle down and learn these things. Another thing Cam has really not developed is his touch on the ball. Too many short passes are missed by guys because they are just rockets or don't have enough loft. Again, the guy is a future HOFer no question but his homework side is where he falls short. After so many years in the league, one has to wonder if the coaches are working toward this end or they just say "he is what he is, lets get what we can out of him."
I for one hope that Norv is meeting with this guy morning, noon and night teaching him defensive theories and what individual players tend to do in certain looks. Knowing how a pass funnel defense works and using that to your advantage versus a 4-3/tampa 2 and where to attack. Carolina's defense is not good enough to win a title this year with an above average QB but if Cam can become elite, they can make a run at the playoffs.

I will take things old white guys say, for 1,000 please Alex.

I'm a Cam fan. Been since his first Preseason game. This is the first season I'm 100% sure Cam is going to be our QB until he's 35 years old at least.

I will take things old white guys say, for 1,000 please Alex.

First, I am not old. I am in my 40's.
Second, this is what I expected from this bunch.
Take it for what it's worth, no matter how pretty a picture you guys paint of Cam, he will never win a SB! He is an above average QB who can at times be elite but cannot sustain. I think it is because he's not smart enough or cares enough to get to the next level. Just one man's opinion.

Take it for what it's worth, no matter how pretty a picture you guys paint of Cam, he will never win a SB! He is an above average QB who can at times be elite but cannot sustain. I think it is because he's not smart enough or cares enough to get to the next level. Just one man's opinion.

Fine, I’ll take things white folks say for $1,000 Alex.

Loses in the super bowl because his tackles got dominated by one of the best pass rushers in history, after going 15 - 1 in the regular season. Yeah, no chance in hell he could ever win one. He wasn't even close. The Panthers should trade him for Nick Foles, because clearly that guy "is smart enough" and "cares enough to get to the next level."

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not feeling that hot take either. Everything I've ever read from people who have worked with Cam is that his football IQ is off the charts.

I feel like you may be racist (but possibly not realize it) and live in Gastonia or Hickory. Just one man's opinion.

Couldn’t you look at the stats and make up the same #narrative for Andrew Luck?

Plenty of above average QBs never even make a Super Bowl. Historians will look at that Super Bowl as a historic battle between the top two picks of the 2011 draft and future HOFers. Cam led a patchwork offense to a 15-1 season and Von Miller led his defense to prop up old ass Peyton Manning.

First, mid 40's is old AF.

Cam is going to go down as the best Panther of all time. We need to start recognizing that. He’s been incredible this year

Cam is going to go down as the best Panther of all time. We need to start recognizing that. He’s been incredible this year

Cam could retire today and go down as the best Panther of all time.

If anything we have wasted his talents by failing to put coaching and talent around him.

Cam would prob fare pretty well in a Lincoln Riley offense. Just saying. Don't @ me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back