• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn’t say he was full of shit just that somehow the randomized section process happened to get him a statistically improbable number of times.

They didn’t say he was full of shit just that somehow the randomized section process happened to get him a statistically improbable number of times.

Did you read that explanation somewhere or just make it up? Because I can't find anything like that in any of the reports I'm reading.

Did you read that explanation somewhere or just make it up? Because I can't find anything like that in any of the reports I'm reading.

The statement issued said what I said:

You would think they’d learn their lesson after Smitty.

Ehh not surprised at all. He made comments last week that he was already underpaid. No way we would make the same mistakes of the past and overpay for aged out players with Tepper at the helm. Probably offered him vet min or walk.

I hope TD gets a ring with a team not in the NFC South or the Patriots after the Panthers get one first

Can't get rid of TD; that's my jersey. Only Dawg on the team. Maybe we can get Elijah Holyfield in the third or fourth round to complement CMC.

Why can't NFL players just smoke weed again? Jesus.

From an email I get:

CAR - OLB Thomas Davis wants to return

Source: ESPN.com - David Newton

Carolina Panthers LB Thomas Davis said he wants to return for one more year season with the team next season. He added, 'I understand that there's a whole business side of things that has to take place. My whole mindset and everything I want to do is totally surrounded in coming back and playing here. Hopefully, they share that same sentiment.'

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

When you think of the Panthers defense, it's difficult not to think of Davis. A first-round pick out of Georgia in 2005 for the Panthers, Davis has been a cornerstone of their defense. He's not the same player he used to be, but Davis still wants to play and could be one of those players the Panthers don't want to play for anyone else. Davis is among 19 players on the team set to become unrestricted free agents this offseason.

SI hired a statistician who did say the number of times Reid claimed to be targeted was statistically improbable https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/20/eric-reid-panthers-nfl-random-drug-testing

The NFL and NFLPA are essentially saying yeah that's what happened

The NFL and NFLPA are saying, not essentially, that "his selection for testing was normal when compared with the number of tests players were randomly selected for throughout the league during the time that he was on an active roster."

So, either 1) he wasn't tested as many times as he claims (which an unidentified source is saying is the case) or 2) the 6 times he was tested is "comparable" to the number of times other players were randomly selected. If the case is No. 1, then Reid lied about the number of times he was tested. If the case is No. 2, then the statistician is wrong and the number of times wasn't statistically improbable.

If you believe the NFL/NFLPA joint investigation (the NFLPA being involved makes it very believable), then you have to believe that either Reid isn't telling the truth or that the number of times is normal and not statistically improbable.

Last edited:
Apparently the Falcons are hiring a coach to manage challenges and clock management. Seems like a good idea down in Carolina since we are sticking with Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back