Page 497 of 498 FirstFirst ... 397447487492493494495496497498 LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 9953

Thread: 2018 Carolina Panthers RIP

cmc had a great sesaon but i'll still never understand using him in short yardage situations over cj anderson and/or cam

Quote Originally Posted by RollWave35 View Post
    We seriously couldnít figure out anything to do with CJ Anderson?
    Block for him?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Just because a guy can play 100% of snaps it doesn't mean he has to.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    ^. Exactly. Why sign a 1000 yard rusher and not use him?

Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    cmc had a great sesaon but i'll still never understand using him in short yardage situations over cj anderson and/or cam
    Probably because CMC averaged 2.3 ypc with 8+ defenders in the box.

Cam may sit out 2019 to rest his shoulder.

https://es.pn/2TQyTYs

Link includes some cap space discussion.

Lots of options if we do this. Sign Nick Foles to a 2 year deal and have him compete with Cam? Go with Allen or Heinicke and tank for Tua or get a ridiculously good trade for Tua?

Alarmist headline, Bill Voth called out David Newton for it. Based on the quotes Tepper seemed to just be saying we should have a plan in case Cam were to miss the season, not that there necessarily any significant chance that he would

If he needs surgery, they need to do it right now and not wait till the summer like they did before.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsOrDie View Post
    If he needs surgery, they need to do it right now and not wait till the summer like they did before.
    Agree. The sooner the better. And if Cam sits 2019, I'd punt this year and make moves looking toward 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by wsc8521s View Post
    Alarmist headline, Bill Voth called out David Newton for it. Based on the quotes Tepper seemed to just be saying we should have a plan in case Cam were to miss the season, not that there necessarily any significant chance that he would
    I can see how you could read that, but if Cam is going to sit, that impacts free agency and the draft. That decision will need to be made in the next few months.

Some decent former starting QBs on the FA market this offseason

Seems like if we are resting Cam a full year it might be time for a full on tank given all the retirements/departures of Kalil, Peppers, TD, prob Mike Adams, Funchess, maybe Olsen

We will make Schaub available for ya.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwinAndreBen View Post
    We will make Schaub available for ya.
    Canít break up the Matts.

How could we afford to sign Foles? He will get the likes of $20MM a year, and with Cam making what he makes that's crazy $ tied up at QB. We have too many other holes that need to be filled using up our cap space and any that we can clear.

If Cam sits, I want to tank 2019. Cut who needs to be cut, take cap hits, sign cheap players to short or easily terminated contracts, make trades for draft picks where you can, develop who needs to develop. Play for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    If Cam sits, I want to tank 2019. Cut who needs to be cut, take cap hits, sign cheap players to short or easily terminated contracts, make trades for draft picks where you can, develop who needs to develop. Play for 2020.
    Agreed. Do everything possible for run in 2020.

What's Jimmy C up to these days?

Kiper and PFF mock drafts both project Brian Burns, EDGE, FSU to the Panthers at pick #16.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...l-mock-draft-3

https://247sports.com/college/florid...eam-127961740/

Nah, no projects please.

Not to mention the long history of FSU DE busts. Always been DB U, feel like they make them look good