• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really thought Shepherd would break out by now. Maybe he'll get more looks with the injuries.

How did CMC go from uncoverable in camp to mortal during the season?

My Week 4 take on CMC is that he's good, but there's at least a half dozen backs in this class who are as good or better. And that's why it's dumb to take a RB in the 1st round.

CMC is terrific. I still think he will win NCF Rookie of the Year. He just hasn't broken any long ones yet, but you can see it's coming. He's going to start racking up far more yards, you can just tell. As I've said before, Shula is a (virtually) next door neighbor and we regularly walk our dogs around the neighborhood together in the evenings hen he can and we talk football a lot. Not as often during the season. But Shula raves about him. Says CMC has just been unlucky with some timing and he's been a little surprised at how much defenses have focused on him. Other teams know and they can see it, so they defend heavily biased toward him. His practice and pre-seasons was so hyped that defensive coordinators have been all about keeping CMC in check. Especially for a rookie. The Panthers have him in there most every play for a reason - because he's just GOING to start breaking some long ones. From Shula, CMC is just way too good in practice for it not to translate to games sooner or later. And he says CMC has made a big difference so far and they would not be 3-1 without him. Apparently, having CMC in there is opening things up for Cam with the run too so they are getting a little looser on allowing Cam to run now that they've seen that.

PH, if CMC was a running back they probably wouldn't have taken him in the 1st round. RB is only part of what he does.

Last edited:
I'm still looking forward to having a formation with CMC and J-Stew in the backfield with Samuel in the slot and CMC going in motion.

All that is fair. He still hasn't had the full complement of weapons he thought he would have between Samuels, Olsen, and KB's injuries.

I think CMC is somewhere between "bad" and "terrific." Last week was by far his best performance but up until that game I was definitely "meh" about him. His elusiveness is impressive and last week he showed he has the ability to move the pile and break some tackles which was very encouraging. I'm excited to see what he continues to contribute.

Yeah, my friends and I have commented how much the defense has keyed on CMC already, starting with week 1 when Stewart took a screen for a TD with CMC on the field. Has definitely given some other guys more room to work.

This Lions game is much bigger than the Pats game. It could be the difference between playing in January or sitting at home

Worley not at practice today.

Kalil and Larsen working with trainer, Roten taking snaps as the 3rd string center today. Panthers espn writer says that is worrisome.

Yeah, my friends and I have commented how much the defense has keyed on CMC already, starting with week 1 when Stewart took a screen for a TD with CMC on the field. Has definitely given some other guys more room to work.

Fozzy's touchdown this past week was because the entire Patriots defense was chasing CMC across the field when he went in motion to the other side. Nobody is keying on KHunt like that even though he has more rushing yards.

Partially because of the focus on CMC, partially because New England's defense appears to have never met each other before.

The Patriots' defense is comically bad in the advanced stats through four weeks - they're by far the worst team. Nearly twice as bad as the second worst defense.

Removing preseason projections from the analysis, New England is the 11th worst team in the NFL through four weeks. One spot worse than Dallas, and only five spots ahead of the Giants. Granted, there's a pretty big drop off between 24th (Chargers) and 25th (Jets)

Partially because of the focus on CMC, partially because New England's defense appears to have never met each other before.

The Patriots' defense is comically bad in the advanced stats through four weeks - they're by far the worst team. Nearly twice as bad as the second worst defense.

Removing preseason projections from the analysis, New England is the 11th worst team in the NFL through four weeks. One spot worse than Dallas, and only five spots ahead of the Giants. Granted, there's a pretty big drop off between 24th (Chargers) and 25th (Jets)

Sheesh, all he's trying to say is Fozzy's gonna win the MVP !

Yet they'll still win that division. I have some hope that the Bills can break through. But they don't play until December. The Pats will have figured it out by then.

I'm certainly not betting against the Pats. For the time being, the Bills have better playoff odds though (and have obviously been better overall through the four games).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back