• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying this is the end-all, be-all stat, but we're 8th in the NFL in red zone scoring percentage (65.31%), up from 21st last year (51.79%).

First 8 games of the season we we leading or close to the lead in Red Zone efficiency, last 5 we have sucked.

I think I’n going to throw a couple bills for the panthers on the money line this weekend. I’m feeling the vibes of a 9-7 playoff birth. Saints suck on the road this time of year, this is going to be a yuge bounce back game.

If we somehow win Monday, we are legitimately in a decent spot for a wild card berth. It's not all in our hands, we need the vikes to lose but still something to play for. Fully expect us to lose out however.

I like Rivera. But I have a feeling Tepper has a man crush on Mike Tomlin and would grab him if there's a way to do it.

2018 Carolina Panthers RIP

Tomlin is pretty old school too.

He has experience working with Big Ben on the back end of his career. That would be helpful working with Cam.

As a negative, Tomlin has some of that Andy Reid l, end of game, staring at the play sheet, what the fuck just happened look to him

Tomlin is pretty old school too.

He has experience working with Big Ben on the back end of his career. That would be helpful working with Cam.

why, does cam sexually assault women?

Why don't coaches like Ron and Andy Reid that have proven over and over and over again that they suck at clock management just hire a "clock" guy that manages timeouts and time management?

I think he's legit dumb. You can't make the same end of half mistakes over and over again year after year. Dude is a closet retard when it comes to critical thinking coaching decisions.

I do love Ron off the field, but unfortunately off the field Ron has no bearing on our Super Bowl hopes

He was a football player, the likelihood that he is dumb is higher than the likelihood he is not, sure he can “coach” but any aspect that involves math, numbers, statistics, some form of analytics it’s probably like trying to have RJ do it.

yes - i think he's legit dumb

i think that's why the "riverboat" thing never really stuck. i think he understands in concept, that being aggressive on fourth downs and 2-pt conversions makes sense, but doesn't REALLY understand why or how or when to do it. so he's either complete riverboat or ultra-conservative. i wouldn't mind it so much if he at least admitted what he doesn't know and supplemented that on his staff and trusted other opinions, but he seems too dumb to realize he's dumb.

yes - i think he's legit dumb

i think that's why the "riverboat" thing never really stuck. i think he understands in concept, that being aggressive on fourth downs and 2-pt conversions makes sense, but doesn't REALLY understand why or how or when to do it. so he's either complete riverboat or ultra-conservative. i wouldn't mind it so much if he at least admitted what he doesn't know and supplemented that on his staff and trusted other opinions, but he seems too dumb to realize he's dumb.

I agree with that.

He's football smart and logically dumb in an era where coaches really need to be both. And he's not media savvy enough to get away with it.

He’s the guy that splits pairs in blackjack and first started splitting aces and eights so figured splitting pairs is the thing to do and then moves on to splitting 10s because splitting pairs is what you do when you’re riverboat Ron!

I get the feeling as an old school defensive guy he’s really against going for it on 4th/ 2-pt conversions unless it is critical at the end of a game. But he keeps hearing that you “should” go for it more so in an effort to stay employed he does but doesn’t know when to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back