• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just a stupid take about professional sports in general, particularly quarterbacking. Cam has been an above average passing QB his whole career. No one in the world is capable of successfully starting at QB in the NFL for 8 seasons, throwing for over 3000 yards a season for 8 straight seasons, without doing an intense amount of work practicing and studying film.

What if they have extra calf muscles?

And anyone who doesn’t see improvement in not rocketing every pass is just being willfully ignorant. Not saying he has Aaron Rodgers touch but he’s still night and day from when he entered the league.

The Panthers offense is bad right now. Blame whoever you want, but the quarterback is a quantifiable part of that. The defense has gotten roasted one time this year (with help from Cam) and given up 30+ three other times and this team is 6-7. Yet, everyone's all over the defense and assuming Luke's washed up. The offense has been pathetic for the past month.

Agree with the exception of the Seattle game. That was completely on the D

Lions? Steelers? It's more defense than offense...offense problems are mostly red zone related and late game execution

How many points did the defense give up against the Lions ? The offense scored a TD with a minute left to make the score look close and give themselves to screw-up a 2-point conversion to win the game. Also, no running game.

I still think it's tough on the offense to play against a defense that knows you're not going to throw the ball deep.

And the Panthers defense problem is up front. No pass rush to speak of, and no push up the middle. Line isn't tying up and occupying blockers which means blockers are getting to Luke and TD etc. hat's why you see the rare missed tackles from them - because they aren't totally free to smash the ball carrier.

Last edited:
I still think it's tough on the offense to play against a defense that knows you're not going to throw the ball deep.

And the Panthers defense problem is up front. No pass rush to speak of, and no push up the middle. Line isn't tying up and occupying blockers which means blockers are getting to Luke and TD etc. hat's why you see the rare missed tackles from them - because they aren't totally free to smash the ball carrier.

Yep

Agree with the lack of deep ball being a big problem. What's shocking though (since teams are definitely playing closer to the LOS), is CMC is still averaging 5.2 YPC. If Cam can't throw it deep, why don't we mix in more of the power running game we've been so famous for over the years?

Agree with the lack of deep ball being a big problem. What's shocking though (since teams are definitely playing closer to the LOS), is CMC is still averaging 5.2 YPC. If Cam can't throw it deep, why don't we mix in more of the power running game we've been so famous for over the years?

Because we aren't playing with any decent leads, or leads at all.

Because we aren't playing with any decent leads, or leads at all.

Well, we led most of the game vs the Seahawks and Browns, and have only been blown out once. Losing by one possession doesn't mean you stop running the ball.

Exactly. And running the ball is a method for winning a game, especially when you don't have a downfield passing game.

(recognizing the need for a balanced attack)

Last edited:
I will say that I don't think Norv is great, he's just not a complete moron like Shula

I give him a lot of credit for the running game this year. In spite of having less talent on the OL this year than last, to be average 5.4 a carry is pretty remarkable.

If we maintain that we'd be the first team in the league to average that many since the Vikings in Peterson's 2K season in 2012

I want to fire Ron, but I don't love any of the head coach candidates out there on the shortlists

Not saying this is the end-all, be-all stat, but we're 8th in the NFL in red zone scoring percentage (65.31%), up from 21st last year (51.79%).

I assume that's TD percentage, right? No way any team scores around 50% inside the red zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back