• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Allen. Gamer.

But kinda wanna see one more week, Saints backups and now I'm sure he's super cheesed to be playing at home

Same I remember seeing him a couple times in college and thinking he was pretty average. Nothing short of excellent today though, hope he keeps it up.

It was desperate but Allen came up big.

Just going back and looking at Kyle Allen's college career- starter at Texas AM until he lost job to Kyler Murray for a while then the two alternate, Texas AM coach fucks up QB situation so royally that both of them transfer. Allen goes to Houston and puts up some very pedestrian stats and loses starting job and then TURNS PRO after junior year (What ???). Big shock but goes undrafted and panthers pick him up and cut him twice before he finally sticks. Pretty remarkable what he did today considering his road to the NFL.

Just going back and looking at Kyle Allen's college career- starter at Texas AM until he lost job to Kyler Murray for a while then the two alternate, Texas AM coach fucks up QB situation so royally that both of them transfer. Allen goes to Houston and puts up some very pedestrian stats and loses starting job and then TURNS PRO after junior year (What ???). Big shock but goes undrafted and panthers pick him up and cut him twice before he finally sticks. Pretty remarkable what he did today considering his road to the NFL.

My understanding is that he started out hot in Houston, had a meltdown game (or two?) lost the starting job so he just declared for the draft

I think his first start ever at A&M he went on the road with an unranked team and beat #3 Auburn

his stats at A&M are pretty good and he had some nice wins but threw 3 pick 6 interceptions against Bama and Sumlin never trusted him after that.

A lot of credit to Third Leg for the way he is playing. I figured he'd be on IR by this week, but he looks years younger. I am losing some hope that Samuel will ever be able to reliably catch the ball. Typical tOSU WR whose ceiling is a #3 because he can't catch.

*Not actually Panthers related but NFL as a whole.*

With Triby QBing tonight for da Bears, the ACC will have had 10 starting QB's in the same week. Wonder How many conferences can ever claim almost one third at the same time?

Rivers
Wilson
Brissett
Winston
Ryan
Jackson
Bridgewater
Triby
Jones
Watson

A lot of credit to Third Leg for the way he is playing. I figured he'd be on IR by this week, but he looks years younger. I am losing some hope that Samuel will ever be able to reliably catch the ball. Typical tOSU WR whose ceiling is a #3 because he can't catch.

It appears Wright is the only player on the team credited with a drop. Samuel's hands are fine and he gets the most separation on the team by a good amount (TB game was ridiculous how open he was and how many times Cam missed him). Pretty much no one in the league can consistently cover 4.3 speed with his level of quicks. Yes, I loved him at OSU, and still think he can be an above average WR2.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=

Samuel had a drop in the second half on a third and 7 or so on a quick slant where the play call was perfect to respond to a huge pass rush and if he caught it he’d have scored. Although at that point it was 35-20 or whatever and the game was feeling out of reach anyway.

Wait, what?

It appears Wright is the only player on the team credited with a drop. Samuel's hands are fine and he gets the most separation on the team by a good amount (TB game was ridiculous how open he was and how many times Cam missed him). Pretty much no one in the league can consistently cover 4.3 speed with his level of quicks. Yes, I loved him at OSU, and still think he can be an above average WR2.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=

Careful with the criticism of Cam. Lots of Cam love on here. The Panthers have lost their last 8 games with Cam at the helm BUT that wasn't Cam's fault.
Cam is a future HOFer, a Heisman winner and survived a car wreck. He is basically Jesus in cleats.

Careful with the criticism of Cam. Lots of Cam love on here. The Panthers have lost their last 8 games with Cam at the helm BUT that wasn't Cam's fault.
Cam is a future HOFer, a Heisman winner and survived a car wreck. He is basically Jesus in cleats.

No one is saying Cam is above criticism but a lot of our fans act like he has been terrible since he came into the league instead of hurt for the last year.

I think everyone can agree that we would prefer to have a healthy Cam with his head right as the starter with Allen as a capable backup. We know we haven’t had that Cam in almost a year and we don’t know if we will get him back.

Samuel had a drop in the second half on a third and 7 or so on a quick slant where the play call was perfect to respond to a huge pass rush and if he caught it he’d have scored. Although at that point it was 35-20 or whatever and the game was feeling out of reach anyway.

Yeah, I remember that play well, not sure how he wasn't credited with an official drop on that miss. He sort of sat on the turf for a second afterwards, seemed to realize he could have taken that one for a big gain or to the house. Had a great catch on the sideline earlier in the game, perfect toe drag.

Also, I had to rewind that DJ Moore TD about 3 times to figure out what happened, still can't believe the AZ defender had his back turned the whole time and Moore just cut right behind him and took it all the way for a TD.

Wait, what?

Dude dropped (another) pitch and catch WR screen that hit him in the stomach that he likely would have scored on and would have put the game away. He is a good player, but I don't think he can ever get over the hump to be a legit #1 or maybe even #2 option unless he starts making all the easy catches.

Cam brings a lot of it on himself with his fashion antics, etc. That being said, he has been a tremendous talent who perhaps was asked to run too much in situations not requiring it. A running QB will inevitably get hurt. For whatever reason, he was terrible in the first two games this year. Hopefully Allen can keep it up. I saw a fire in the other Panthers yesterday not evident in games 1-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back