• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stat I heard yesterday on Barnwell's podcast, Allen has only completed one pass this year that traveled over 25 yards in the air

2019 Carolina Panthers (3-2) ITT we respect Cam

So we still lack the deep ball but Allen is accurate with the intermediate throws. It’s not a huge issue because CMC, Samuel, and Moore are YAC guys.

Last edited:
I think the difference is Allen can physically throw the deep ball. At least the defense has to consider it a possibility with him out there.

Sure, Allen can throw it far enough, but it isn't going to have much on it. He has less zip on his short passes than Cam, but they're way more accurate, which is a good thing.

Interesting stat I heard yesterday on Barnwell's podcast, Allen has only completed one pass this year that traveled over 25 yards in the air

If he said that, he's wrong. Allen has a handful of completions that traveled over 25 yards and is middle of the pack in the NFL. I just looked at his charts for each game. Now, what he may have meant was that Allen only has one touchdown that traveled over 25 yards in the air - which is correct. And remember, Allen is playing in a Norv Turner offense.

Last edited:
2019 Carolina Panthers (3-2) ITT we respect Cam

Completions over 25 yards are different than completions in which the ball travelled over 25 yards.

That was cool. Free kick doesn't happen very often.

Not sure of the last time I saw a team commit three straight false starts, and certainly not on a punt attempt. Weird confluence of events to even set up the possibility of the free kick (which Slye should have nailed easily, ugh).

Completions over 25 yards are different than completions in which the ball travelled over 25 yards.

Correct. And that's what I'm talking about. Completions that traveled at least 25 yards in the air. I will edit my post so as to make that more clear.

I mean I can think of one, so I guess the jump ball down the side line to DJ against the Jags is it?

Ha well played. He does seem to be extremely serviceable. And this draft looks really damn good after 6 weeks ;)

[h=1]Panthers rookie Dennis Daley makes Pro Football Focus team of the week[/h]
https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/14/panthers-dennis-daley-pro-football-focus-week-6-team/

Daley was able to contain the league’s sack leader Shaquil Barrett in London on Sunday. Barrett had nine sacks coming into this week but got shut out against the rookie. Now, Pro Football Focus has named Daley to their team of the week – they say he only allowed one QB hit and earned a high run-blocking grade.

“For a sixth-round draft pick making just his second start, it doesn’t get much better than this. Daley was impressive in pass protection, allowing just one hit from 36 pass-rushing snaps, and he really impressed as a run blocker, producing an 86.0 PFF run-blocking grade in the game.”

And he's a Cock. Good weekend for SC all around.

To borrow in part an analogy used about Mariota and Winston, Allen is good at making the layups that Cam has for too long missed, but doesn’t have the big play ability that a healthy Cam has. Healthy Cam is better than Allen, but with CMC and receivers so good after the catch, I want layups. I want the ball in their hands. Cam missing open guys was killing us.

To borrow in part an analogy used about Mariota and Winston, Allen is good at making the layups that Cam has for too long missed, but doesn’t have the big play ability that a healthy Cam has. Healthy Cam is better than Allen, but with CMC and receivers so good after the catch, I want layups. I want the ball in their hands. Cam missing open guys was killing us.

Yep.

Yeah, that coupled with Allen's supposed better ability to find the open checkdowns gives the offense a chance to work as intended. Somebody is open on every play, you just have to find them and deliver the ball to them before you get sacked (or fumble).

But WTF was up with our run game on Sunday ? That was whack ! And I mean whack in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back