• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam is going to go down as the best Panther of all time. We need to start recognizing that. He’s been incredible this year

Before this year I would have said next to Luke but Luke is declining hard.

Why hasn't Matt Ryan been watching more film this year ? The Falcons suck !

Before this year I would have said next to Luke but Luke is declining hard.

Yup, I think this is his last year as a good player. I don’t know what happened but he’s incredibly plodding now. Davis might have some supplemental help but he looks MUCH faster than Luke.

Yup, I think this is his last year as a good player. I don’t know what happened but he’s incredibly plodding now. Davis might have some supplemental help but he looks MUCH faster than Luke.

what happened is a bunch of concussions

Here's some deeper insight on DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel:

4. D.J. MOORE AND CURTIS SAMUEL: WHAT A DIFFERENCE A FLAT BREAK MAKES

D.J. Moore and Curtis Samuel both had strong performances this weekend against the Lions. Both made leaping touchdown grabs in the right corner of the end zone and also demonstrated sudden route skills on pattens breaking back to the quarterback.

Moore had the better day statistically and he also ran a route that demonstrates why he's a little more advanced as a technician than the gifted Samuel.

#Panthers WR D.J. Moore converts the over route. It's the flat break on the route that earns Moore another 20 yards past the safety on this play. pic.twitter.com/ppsrBOxqON

— Matt Waldman (@MattWaldman) November 19, 2018
Here's Curtis Samuel on the same route D.J. Moore runs but the break isn't flat enough and he's stopped at the catch point.

Then watch Moore's break afterwards...you'll see the production difference. #Panthers pic.twitter.com/kwpxXQ05nH

The details of a receiver's craft impacts the outcome of a play as often — if not more often — than athletic ability. Both Moore and Samuel possess excellent acceleration. The difference between these two plays is the angle of the break that sets up one player's acceleration better than the other.

Samuel and Moore are must-starts against weaker pass defenses. Moore is the better start of the two. His routes and his combination of power and acceleration after the catch make him especially dangerous.

D.J. Moore with another explosive play. #Panthers

Again, note the acute angle he takes to split three defenders. pic.twitter.com/FbCkffs9t5

D.J. Moore Running through the DB#Panthers pic.twitter.com/ooNlkECuu6

D.J. Moore TD#Panthers pic.twitter.com/7kTEWbNr21

When Moore improves his skill against press coverage — especially as a perimeter receiver — he could become Carolina's primary opition and one of the 12-15 best receivers in football. Expect more top-15 fantasy weeks from Moore during the second half of this year.

I keep saying this, but I think Luke's problem this season is he has no freedom to run. Blockers are all over him all the time. Our D-line isn't tying up blockers! Some of that is Poe and some of it I think is scheme. We are also nowhere near as aggressive up front in terms of coming after the QB.

We also rotate guys way too much for my liking. I get that we have a couple old dudes and like to keep guys fresh, but Butler is a known dud, and Cox, Horton, and Haynes are all a significant drop off from Pep/Addison. Too bad Obada was apparently a flash in the pan. I couldn't believe how much run Cox got against the lions. Don't think he really did anything significant that I remember.

2018 Carolina Panthers 6-4

The Athletic on Funchess’ free agency prospects.

https://theathletic.com/669707/2018...ussion-is-he-a-no-1-wideout-for-the-panthers/

Funchess, who’s only 24, needs 218 receiving yards to pass Brandon LaFell for seventh place on the franchise’s career list. LaFell was not unlike Funchess when he was in Carolina — a third-round pick who was a solid, if unspectacular complement to Steve Smith who played four seasons and was not re-signed.

“To me, Funchess can be a No. 1 somewhere else. But they have to run an offense similar to what Carolina runs. It has to be a super-heavy run offense,” said Davis, the Fox analyst. “It has to be those big-body throws for people, you can be that guy. The premium isn’t on the wide receiving corps. I think if the wide receiving corps is a premium, maybe he’s not going to be that guy somewhere else.

“I’m not ruling him out because that’s what he was groomed for. All I’m saying is where he is now slots him as 1 and fits him being a 1, even though they drafted DJ Moore. And DJ Moore ultimately will be their No. 1 guy.”

DJ should’ve been our #1 after the Ravens game. Curtis should clearly be our #2.

I agree with that article. In certain offenses you only need a solid/above average number 2 to be your #1. In our offense we need two solid #2s

That’s a crap spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back