• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL and NFLPA are saying, not essentially, that "his selection for testing was normal when compared with the number of tests players were randomly selected for throughout the league during the time that he was on an active roster."

So, either 1) he wasn't tested as many times as he claims (which an unidentified source is saying is the case) or 2) the 6 times he was tested was is "comparable" to the number of times other players were randomly selected. If the case is No. 1, then Reid lied about the number of times he was tested. If the case is No. 2, then the statistician is wrong and the number of times wasn't statistically improbable.

If you believe the NFL/NFLPA joint investigation (the NFLPA being involved makes it very believable), then you have to believe that either Reid isn't telling the truth or that the number of times is normal and not statistically improbable.

I think the NFL should be more transparent about the testing process and reporting out who is tested. The statistician article is from when Reid made his initial claim, based upon data that Reid stated said it would be improbably. The NFL says their algorithm makes it so other players are tested the same amount. We will go on their word, but it's not like the NFL has never bungled investigations before.

I think the NFL should be more transparent about the testing process and reporting out who is tested. The statistician article is from when Reid made his initial claim, based upon data that Reid stated said it would be improbably. The NFL says their algorithm makes it so other players are tested the same amount. We will go on their word, but it's not like the NFL has never bungled investigations before.

The NFL has bungled investigations before. However, this wasn't a NFL investigation, it was a joint investigation of the NFL and NFLPA. The NLFPA's interest is solely in what is right for the player. If the NFLPA is joining in the statement saying nothing fishy happened, you have to assume nothing fishy occurred.

As far as the NFL being more transparent with the testing process and who is tested, I would imagine something like this falls under HIPPA and they can't. I also doubt the NFLPA wants to put it out there when players are tested.

The NFL has bungled investigations before. However, this wasn't a NFL investigation, it was a joint investigation of the NFL and NFLPA. The NLFPA's interest is solely in what is right for the player. If the NFLPA is joining in the statement saying nothing fishy happened, you have to assume nothing fishy occurred.

As far as the NFL being more transparent with the testing process and who is tested, I would imagine something like this falls under HIPPA and they can't. I also doubt the NFLPA wants to put it out there when players are tested.

Maybe not reporting actual names, but stating how their supposed algorithm works. Just show a little more. "Reid said he was targeted, but the way our process works, he was tested the same number of times as other players because of X, Y, and Z."

It is interesting that no player has come out and corroborated that they were tested the same amount of times.

Because no player was tested that amount of times, Reid inflated the number. This isn't hard to understand Barca

Completely agree that NFLPA joining it pretty much seals the deal as no way they are coming out against one of their own unless evidence is clear. Also the fact that Reid has yet to comment is also telling as clearly he is not one to stand down unless he knows he is going down a useless path. Also some are saying NFL and NFLPA can't speak to specifics like the # of tests Reid is quoting due to Hippa and questioning if Reid is exaggerating and league knows it according to their records but can't disclose publicly.

I think we might just suck ass next season

Top 5 grades on defense for the #Panthers in 2018

1. Luke Kuechly (90.7)
2. Kawann Short (85.7)
3. Kyle Love (76.8)
4. Julius Peppers (75.9)
5. Thomas Davis (74.2)

It's been posted 10 times that the NFL/NFLPA releasing that number is a direct HIPAA violation

I seriously doubt it it. HIPAA covers protected health information, which is information about health status, provision of health care, or payment of health care. Simply the number of times he has been tested wouldn't fall under any of those. The closest would be "provision of health care", but this isn't providing health care, it is administering an eligibility test. Plus, by him putting it out there he waives HIPAA protection anyway.

keep eric washington and richard rodgers.... don't sign thomas davis

sounds right

Still amazing to me that in a league that will have a team sign Nathan Fucking Peterman after he was cut by the Bills, you don’t have Kaepernick so much as getting an invite to a training camp.

He's too much of a distraction to the dumbest fans.

2018 Carolina Panthers RIP

Most of them still think Tim Tebow got blackballed for being a Christian.

So is this going to be like Big Money? He came back for little money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back