• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he needs surgery, they need to do it right now and not wait till the summer like they did before.

Alarmist headline, Bill Voth called out David Newton for it. Based on the quotes Tepper seemed to just be saying we should have a plan in case Cam were to miss the season, not that there necessarily any significant chance that he would

I can see how you could read that, but if Cam is going to sit, that impacts free agency and the draft. That decision will need to be made in the next few months.

Some decent former starting QBs on the FA market this offseason

Seems like if we are resting Cam a full year it might be time for a full on tank given all the retirements/departures of Kalil, Peppers, TD, prob Mike Adams, Funchess, maybe Olsen

How could we afford to sign Foles? He will get the likes of $20MM a year, and with Cam making what he makes that's crazy $ tied up at QB. We have too many other holes that need to be filled using up our cap space and any that we can clear.

If Cam sits, I want to tank 2019. Cut who needs to be cut, take cap hits, sign cheap players to short or easily terminated contracts, make trades for draft picks where you can, develop who needs to develop. Play for 2020.

If Cam sits, I want to tank 2019. Cut who needs to be cut, take cap hits, sign cheap players to short or easily terminated contracts, make trades for draft picks where you can, develop who needs to develop. Play for 2020.

Agreed. Do everything possible for run in 2020.

Not to mention the long history of FSU DE busts. Always been DB U, feel like they make them look good

Not to mention the long history of FSU DE busts. Always been DB U, feel like they make them look good

No doubt. Panthers own bust with Everett is hopefully still fresh on their minds.

I would go C Wilkins out of Clemson or Tillery out of ND. I think Poe was woeful and either of these are both great against run and pass. Ole Miss OT Little would be a great one if find Kalil is done which not sure worth the risk if he isn't given his $.

So what’s the plan with Moton and Williams? I think we’ve got to pay Williams. Let him go and draft at LT? Pay him and move one of them to LT?

I’m not sure if we need to draft a pass rusher early. We’ve sucked at drafting DL after KK and Star.

So what’s the plan with Moton and Williams? I think we’ve got to pay Williams. Let him go and draft at LT? Pay him and move one of them to LT?

I’m not sure if we need to draft a pass rusher early. We’ve sucked at drafting DL after KK and Star.

Yes, we do.

we 100% NEED a real pass rusher

My dream scenario would be Bama LT Jonah Williams in the first rd, BC DE Zach Allen in the second rd. And if he slides far enough...Austin Bryant in the 3rd rd.

Resign Daryl Williams. Move Moton to Guard

2018 Carolina Panthers RIP

We need two DEs but do we need to draft them in the 1st and 2nd? No.

Seems like 1st round DEs are less of a sure thing than LTs and this is supposed to be a deep DE draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back