• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you consider that Peppers started for a Final Four basketball team, was the #1 pick in the NFL draft, and is a future hall of famer, he has to be up there on the list of most freakish athletes of all time. If only he had gone to a real college with real courses.

Definitely. I think he could have been a journeyman NBA player if he wanted to be.

He carried UNC down the stretch of the '00-01 hoops season. He was basically the only dude who showed up in their highly enjoyable loss to Penn State in that tournament

He averaged 7/4 shooting 64% from the field as the 5th option whenever he was on the court.

When you consider that Peppers started for a Final Four basketball team, was the #1 pick in the NFL draft, and is a future hall of famer, he has to be up there on the list of most freakish athletes of all time. If only he had gone to a real college with real courses.

#2 pick and yes freakish athlete.

I believe next year begins the painful process of rebuilding. To many holes to plug with minimal cap space.

#2 pick and yes freakish athlete.

I believe next year begins the painful process of rebuilding. To many holes to plug with minimal cap space.

Depends on your definition of "rebuilding". It's going to be hard to win less that 6 or 7 games if Cam is indeed healthy (big if, but still).

I played craps at the Aria with Peppers late one night. We had a blast, but let's just say math is not his strong suit :eek:

Depends on your definition of "rebuilding". It's going to be hard to win less that 6 or 7 games if Cam is indeed healthy (big if, but still).

Yeah, if Cam and Olsen are healthy (or Thomas really develops), you'd think the offense will be better than last year. And it was pretty damn good for stretches early in the season. Defense is another story, but maybe things can't get much worse?

Yeah, if Cam and Olsen are healthy (or Thomas really develops), you'd think the offense will be better than last year. And it was pretty damn good for stretches early in the season. Defense is another story, but maybe things can't get much worse?

I don't see how the offense can possibly be better without fixing our needs at C and OT. Not to mention we need DE, OLB, S, and CB as well. Without fixing our line issues, Cam'll be getting surgery for a 3rd time by mid season.

I’m really hoping this move to a 3-4 is based on getting something from Butler and the young LBs. Hope it’s about using Shaq in more of a coverage role and getting rid of the nickel.

At one point pretty late last year, Shaq was statistically the best blitzing LB in the NFL, albeit a very small sample size.

Fan made mock up

Dyrls29WkAEjAmL.jpg:large

Getting Charlotte back in the Final Four rotation, I like it....now have to figure out where to get that $1B for the roof addition.

Was going to wait for someone else to post - the 10,000th reply felt like the right number to start the 2019 thread

I for one am glad they re-signed Reid. He looked to me to be playing well all season - I guess better than the stats.

He should be even better after a full offseason with the team. 3 years, $22M is a bargain for a good safety.

The offseason is going pretty well so far. Olsen is back. Cam's surgery went well. Locked up Reid.

He should be even better after a full offseason with the team. 3 years, $22M is a bargain for a good safety.

The offseason is going pretty well so far. Olsen is back. Cam's surgery went well. Locked up Reid.
Yup, signing Darryl Williams is the only other big FA question?

Assuming Funchess is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back