• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have cap room to throw around like that - to overpay for a safety due to need? Otherwise, I applaud the signing.

I feel like it takes a few years for even a top tier OT to have a major impact at tackle coming out of the draft, so hopefully we can get a pass rusher in the draft that can help us immediately. Unfortunately, every draft board I see has pass rushers flying off the board, as they are want to do.

2018 Carolina Panthers RIP

Figure out if Williams or Moton will move to LT.

I think we get two pass rushers and just go with one of them at LT with bad Kalil as the backup.

I don’t know. I remember reading last year that Smith was a good mentor for DJ and Samuels.

I don’t know. I remember reading last year that Smith was a good mentor for DJ and Samuels.

We don't want to be paying $5 million a year for a mentor, especially when he has no guaranteed money on his contract.

What? We are in cap space trouble again? If I didn't know better, it would make me think Marty Hurney was still our GM

Gettleman signed Matt Kalil, not Hurney.

Hurney also just signed a safety for a decent price. If it works out great but he's also putting money into retaining players from a team that went 7-9 which was his downfall in his first stint. Paid players from a 2-14 team.

The only things important on this team are:

1. Cam
2. Cam
3. Protecting Cam
4. Developing the receivers we have so they can catch the ball from Cam
5. Add a pass rush to help Luke and the defensive backfield
6. Cam
7. Kicker

Hurney also just signed a safety for a decent price. If it works out great but he's also putting money into retaining players from a team that went 7-9 which was his downfall in his first stint. Paid players from a 2-14 team.

Exactly, this was my point, which evidently went over someone's head.

Exactly, this was my point, which evidently went over someone's head.

It's a terrible point? Just go ahead and cut Luke and Cam then. They were players on a 7-9 team after all

It's a terrible point? Just go ahead and cut Luke and Cam then. They were players on a 7-9 team after all

My point was that hopefully this is not an early indication of Hurney repeating the same mistakes from his failed first attempt as Panthers GM.

My point was that hopefully this is not an early indication of Hurney repeating the same mistakes from his failed first attempt as Panthers GM.

Fair enough, but I see no evidence to that as of yet. I do think we slightly overpaid for Reids on the field production, but he also came into the fold middle of the season. I think it's fair to assume a bump in production next season, which also happens to be in a position of serious need. (I hope the long term contract resolves some of the off the field issues as well, but I'm not holding my breath there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back