• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would take $20M for him to play in a minor league in which he'd be by far the biggest draw. I doubt it would take anywhere close to that to get him on an NFL roster. I'm guessing around $5M. That's where veteran backups seem to be.

We can handle QB in one of two ways. Go with Kyle Allen or Heinecke or whatever rando and if Cam gets injured, go into full on tank for Tua mode. Or recognize that we've actually got a solid roster and we don't want to waste it and pay for an insurance policy. Given those are the options, the best thing to do would be bring in Kaep or another solid vet for as cheap as possible and let him compete against Allen and another rando. For what it's worth, Garrett Gilbert is playing well in the AAF for Orlando.

I love Cam, but if he has a season ending injury next year on top of what he's already dealt with, I think I like this option.

I’m fine if we just go ahead and tank for the Clemson QB tbh. Start loading up now

I’m a few years away from tanking for anything other than a piece that helps a Cam led team win the SB. I also don’t think it’s worth paying a QB worth any more than the minimum because we aren’t the Eagles, we can only win with our max salary cap QB on the field. If Kaep wants to take the vet minimum or close to it and come play in Charlotte then yeah, I definitely want that over the parade of random losers we send out if/when Cam gets hurt.

Bottom line is we have more holes than cap space and viable draft positions can fill in a year.

Bubble coming to the practice field, season ticket prices increase by 5.00 per game

----------------

Thank you for your tremendous support as a Carolina Panthers PSL Owner.

The 2019 season is set to be an exciting one for the Panthers and our fans. This will be the first full year under the ownership of David Tepper, and the organization is busy, planning and investing in the future. As Dave made clear on his first day, our aim is to win on the field and in the community.

Our team will benefit from a new indoor practice facility, the Bubble, as we begin our pre-season schedule. Delivering a climate controlled environment for our players and coaches, whenever we have adverse weather conditions, has been a priority for us, and we are pleased to introduce it in 2019. The Bubble is our first of several planned infrastructure projects and will be followed by enhancements to Bank of America Stadium and a new permanent practice facility and campus in the future.

These investments, we believe, are essential to building a successful team, and the onus is on us to continually deliver the best environment for our players, as well as making attending a Panthers game the best experience possible.

As we look ahead to the new campaign, some ticket prices will increase. This reflects changes in demand as well as our ongoing investments to enhance the overall fan experience at Bank of America Stadium.

Your 2019 Season Ticket Renewal Invoice is now available through your myPanthers account linked below. We are pleased to continue offering a variety of payment options, including a six-month interest-free payment plan as well as the opportunity to sign up for the “Pay As We Play” option for potential home Playoff games following the 2019 regular season.

Starting this season, all tickets will be digital – accessible online by logging on to Account Manager via a web browser or by opening your account through the Panthers Mobile App. Over the coming months, you will receive a number of communications providing detailed instructions and assistance with this transition.

A new era for the Carolina Panthers is beginning. We appreciate your commitment to our club, and we are looking forward to enjoying the journey with you, starting with the excitement of our 2019 season.

Go Panthers!

First of a million mock drafts:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/02/mike-taglieres-nfl-mock-draft-2019-two-rounds-2-0/

16. Carolina Panthers – Yodny Cajuste (OT – West Virginia)
The Panthers must stop neglecting their left tackle position. While some may have other tackles ahead of Cajuste on their board, I believe he’s the guy for their team. He plays quick for a guy that’s 6-foot-5 and 321 pounds, which will help with the mis-direction plays they ran quite often in 2018. He has great bend in his knees when pass-blocking and will always find someone to block when he’s run-blocking. While he may not be this high on some boards, I expect him to be come draft time.

47. Carolina Panthers – Charles Omenihu (DE – Texas)
With Julius Peppers retiring and the team moving on from Thomas Davis, they need to start rebuilding the front-seven. Omenihu is not currently expected to go in the top two rounds, but I believe that changes after the NFL Combine. He played on both the edge and on the interior, which is good for versatility. He’s a massive 6-foot-6 and 276 pounds, but has the speed to get to the edge, and has enough strength to get push in the run-game. He’s someone I’d consider a sleeper at this point, but he’d be a great addition to the Panthers defensive line.

So what’s the word on Williams and Moton. We’ve got one promising RT and can resign another. Are we going to move one to LT?

Captain cut. Not resigning Adams.

God knows we need to win a bidding war for a 5’10” receiver who’s 31 years old and a prima donna.

2nd and 3 rd pick maybe? We got an extra 3rd with the comp pick. I wouldn't hate it.

God knows we need to win a bidding war for a 5’10” receiver who’s 31 years old and a prima donna.

Sounds like the same reasoning used when Steve Smith was let go. That 5'10 receiver had 49 more receptions, 509 more receiving yards and 10 more receiving touchdowns than any WIDE RECEIVER on the Panthers team last year.

$20 million annual cap hit for three years. Steelers reportedly want a first round pick, which probably won't happen. But the first NFC team to offer a second round pick has a good chance of getting him.

Can he block? Get after the QB? Believe we have more needs there than WR for once.

Yep. DJ and Samuel are trying to get to poor man’s AB level. Plus CMC eats up a ton of touches.

We just dumped 2/3 of our entire defense and we need a LT and center, so how about let's not spend a shit load of cap space and a 2nd on a WR.

Cam is gonna be 30 next season. I’d love to see him with one of the 3 best receivers in the league while he can still reach prime Cam levels. It’s a tradition to overrate the panthers receivers every single offseason then complain about the offense we put around cam during the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back