• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, hard to say. If he's asking for a dumb amount of money when we have Moton on a rookie contract that can slide right in then what do you do. We already have too much cash locked up in a walking speed bump, do we really need to sink more in knee with jello ligaments?

Was hoping for Sweat pre-combine, looks like he'll be gone now, but have been seeing the C from State being our pick. While it definitely wouldn't be a sexy pick, would be our good Kahlil replacement. Picking a C that high he better be the best one in the league within a couple years.

If we take a C that high in the first round, I may find a new team to root for.

For comparison, Pouncey was taken by the Steelers with the 18th pick and Kalil was taken by the Panthers with the 59th pick.

This year's first round gets a little bit less exciting after the first 11 or 12 picks.

I think there are some good options at OT also, I want to say there's around 5 or 6 that are a possibility. I've seen Jonah Williams dropping down some, would love to have him!

Most recent post combine mock draft on nfl.com has us taking NCState Braburry Center guy

has anyone heard anything about us taking a center from NC State?

If Ferrell or one of the good OTs (Williams, guy from Wazzu) is on the board and we take the center, Tepper just needs to fire everyone.

I mean, hard to say. If he's asking for a dumb amount of money when we have Moton on a rookie contract that can slide right in then what do you do. We already have too much cash locked up in a walking speed bump, do we really need to sink more in knee with jello ligaments?

This is why I don't know why we didn't move Moton to LT last year and try to find a stopgap RT. That way we could have brought back DWIll and had our line end capped with solid tackles. Unless I guess the coaching staff didn't think Moton could play on the left side, but they also had him as a guard to start the year so....

has anyone heard anything about us taking a center from NC State?

yes, i've seen that a few places

but i don't think we even met with him at the combine.... soooo....... i dunno

our combine meetings (per walter football, but i thought somewhere i read that we met with montez sweat):
Ben Banogu, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, TCU (COM)
Will Grier, QB, West Virginia (COM)
Mitch Hyatt, OT, Clemson (COM)
Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo (COM)
Lonnie Johnson Jr., CB, Kentucky (COM)
Dexter Lawrence, DT/3-4DE/NT, Clemson (COM)
Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss (COM)
Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State (COM)
Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina (COM)
Christian Wilkins, DT/3-4DE/NT, Clemson (COM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back