• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also seems like a move by a GM who could be on the chopping block.

What is the reasoning teams don't do this with multiple players? Seems very easy. Im an idiot, so explain it to me like I'm a 10 year old.

It makes the cap hit larger for the other years of the contract, which would make it harder to cut them if their production fell off.

What is the reasoning teams don't do this with multiple players? Seems very easy. Im an idiot, so explain it to me like I'm a 10 year old.

Here's a realistic hypothetical that is probably close:

He was looking at roughly $17m in 2019, $14m in 2020 and $13m in 2021 before the restructure

Now, probably that looks more like $10m 2019, $16m in 2020 and $15m in 2021, then maybe the remaining $2m paid in 2022 and 2023 regardless of whether he signs a new contract with the Panthers or not.

Ok, that makes more sense appreciate the answers. I think I'm okay with the logic behind that for now, we still have Cam who can compete at a top level if healthy, so why not try and make something happen now.

Moving consequences to the future for last gasp efforts today? Not that hurney is necessarily there yet

I don't see it as a last gasp effort. Seems like a smart business move to make on a franchise player, very low risk.

Panthers schedule release. Really cool. Kinda harrd to follow.

Last edited:
That's a cool reveal. Nice touch with the "on the 7th week, they rested."

I don't see it as a last gasp effort. Seems like a smart business move to make on a franchise player, very low risk.

Oh I agree. I’m just saying how that tactic could be used by a GM on the way out as a last gasp effort to field a good team in the short term.

2 things are true:
1) Luke has been healthy the past 2 years; and
2) Luke is one concussion away from retirement.

That's a cool reveal. Nice touch with the "on the 7th week, they rested."

Hah - that's the Halo theme. But yeah, still very cool. I never play video games anymore, but feel like I played almost all of these at some point fairly regularly as a kid.

Why is Atlanta catching Sir Purr in a poke ball for week 11? Seems like Sir Purr should be catching a wild Pidgey or something.

I've seen Sweat fall to us (or past us) in quite a few mocks over the past few days...

I think we run to the podium if he's there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back