• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panthers have been holding on to veterans as a stop-gap while other holes in the lineup are being plugged. I guess our LB depth makes TD expendable? I hope he doesn't sign with a NFC South team. Buffalo seems to be where Panthers go to die.

TD had a great career here. I wish him well.

Yeah. Appears we are moving on due to confidence in Shaq, Carter, Smith, and of course Chubb.

Reid's lawyers disputing claim he lied about # of tests.

I felt like when I initially read it (and it's possible I just am totally misremembering) but I thought Reid had said he was tested 7 times and NFL/NFLPA said he was only tested 6 times and I just though Reid probably just miscounted and it's not like he was purposefully overinflating the number

Or counted the drug test every player takes when being signed / traded in his “7” count.

Yeah. Appears we are moving on due to confidence in Shaq, Carter, Smith, and of course Chubb.

Hard to believe the he Panthers would part ways with Davis without seeing if they could resign him to a one year, low cost deal. Doesn't sound like they tried. 13 year Panther, well-liked, extensively involved in the community.

It sucks to let a legend leave but the defense is in desperate need of a major shake up

It sucks to let a legend leave but the defense is in desperate need of a major shake up

TD wasn’t the problem. I don’t understand why it looks like they’re paying Shaq when he couldn’t beat out TD. TD played near 100% of snaps after he got back.

The TD departure is not as bad as a Norman or Smitty.

I believe TD was sat down, told the deal that the Panthers wanted, he declined, and then was told bye-bye (respectfully).

Not sure how else a fan would want it to go down.

We seriously couldn’t figure out anything to do with CJ Anderson?

CJ got his chance to eat into CMCs touches and took an INT off his face mask instead.

cmc had a great sesaon but i'll still never understand using him in short yardage situations over cj anderson and/or cam

Just because a guy can play 100% of snaps it doesn't mean he has to.

Cam may sit out 2019 to rest his shoulder.

https://es.pn/2TQyTYs

Link includes some cap space discussion.

Lots of options if we do this. Sign Nick Foles to a 2 year deal and have him compete with Cam? Go with Allen or Heinicke and tank for Tua or get a ridiculously good trade for Tua?

Alarmist headline, Bill Voth called out David Newton for it. Based on the quotes Tepper seemed to just be saying we should have a plan in case Cam were to miss the season, not that there necessarily any significant chance that he would

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back