• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest reason is I don't think Newton will stay healthy. A close 2nd is that Olsen is basically done and the WRs are shit.

Wait, what? This is easily the most talented (and well balanced) WR group in years. I think you could argue it's even up there with the groups in Smittys prime.

Yeah, weird timing for that comment.

DJ Moore had the most YAC of any receiver in the NFL last year, despite only having 55 receptions (thanks Ron/Norv for his usage). Samuel finally started to show his speed and big play ability, once finally healthy. Combine that with decent/solid vets in Hogan, Wright, and Smith, and you've got the best group in years, and light years better than the 2015 super bowl team.

Also, as long as GReg is healthy enough to play, he's going to get his. He runs too good of routes and has too good of hands to be a below average starting TE.

I'm not high on Moore or Samuels as anything more than 2nd/3rd options at best. If they prove me wrong, great.

I'm not saying Ian Thomas will be the next Olsen, but he showed a lot of promise as a rookie. I still really like that pick.

Yeah, weird timing for that comment.

DJ Moore had the most YAC of any receiver in the NFL last year, despite only having 55 receptions (thanks Ron/Norv for his usage). Samuel finally started to show his speed and big play ability, once finally healthy. Combine that with decent/solid vets in Hogan, Wright, and Smith, and you've got the best group in years, and light years better than the 2015 super bowl team.

Also, as long as GReg is healthy enough to play, he's going to get his. He runs too good of routes and has too good of hands to be a below average starting TE.

Posters should stop giving 2019 season takes from 2016. We've got more exciting young talent on offense than we've ever had. We've got CMC coming off near 2000 yards from scrimmage. Greg can actually play fewer snaps because Ian Thomas fill in and he has big play potential. Moore and Samuel are fantastic playmakers. We'll see what Little can do at LT, but we still have Moton and Williams at tackles.

Our offense is a LB's nightmare. Going to have to constantly cover someone out of CMC/Samuel/Wright/Olsen, not to mention try to tackle DJ, CMC, and Samuel in space.

Our offense is a LB's nightmare. Going to have to constantly cover someone out of CMC/Samuel/Wright/Olsen, not to mention try to tackle DJ, CMC, and Samuel in space.

Do all that and Cam gets 10-15 yards on a QB draw. If the OL and Cam can force the D to devote 5 or 6 men to the rush and shadowing Cam, the offense will flourish.

now that we've covered the offense... the defensive front 7 includes:

Gerald McCoy
Kawann Short
Dontari Poe
Bruce Irvin
Mario Addison
Luke Kuechly
Shaq Thomas
- All of the above linemen are or could be pro bowl caliber

Plus:
Brian Burns - stud rookie
Kyle Love - SOLID depth
Christian Miller - sleeper rookie?
Marquis Haynes - breakout potential in the 3-4?
Vernon Butler - he does actually suck
Efe Obada - overhyped?

Good luck keeping those guys out of the backfield

now that we've covered the offense... the defensive front 7 includes:

Gerald McCoy
Kawann Short
Dontari Poe
Bruce Irvin
Mario Addison
Luke Kuechly
Shaq Thomas
- All of the above linemen are or could be pro bowl caliber

Plus:
Brian Burns - stud rookie
Kyle Love - SOLID depth
Christian Miller - sleeper rookie?
Marquis Haynes - breakout potential in the 3-4?
Vernon Butler - he does actually suck
Efe Obada - overhyped?

Good luck keeping those guys out of the backfield

I loled re Butler

I'm not high on Moore or Samuels as anything more than 2nd/3rd options at best. If they prove me wrong, great.

This makes me feel great about or WR's this year.

Moore/Samuels/CMC/Olsen is the most explosive set of skill players the Panthers have assembled. Probably better than the Smitty/Muhammad/Davis combo.a

If Cam stays healthy the panthers are the class of the NFC this year.

Last edited:
Shoulders sometimes take >1 year to heal (see Luck, Andrew).
Our OL is average at best.
Our defense might not be as effective learning a 3-4 scheme. They might be thinking instead of reacting.
The conference is stout.

But the optimistic view is not crazy either. We could win 4 or 11 games.

In my eyes, our chances are literally on Cam's shoulder. Even if he plays like an MVP, we'll duke it out with the Saints and probably still end up in the wild card.

i'm afraid all or nothing will solidify that ron rivera is pretty dumb

The review I posted said the opposite. One reason I’m really curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back