• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched every game last year as well as AoN. I’m 100% confident in him starting as a Carolina Panther this year

Is the attitude a concern? Sure. Did he make rookie mistakes? Sure. He’s also a damn good CB when locked in and I expect much of that in his sophomore year

I watched every game last year as well as AoN. I’m 100% confident in him starting as a Carolina Panther this year

Is the attitude a concern? Sure. Did he make rookie mistakes? Sure. He’s also a damn good CB when locked in and I expect much of that in his sophomore year

“Much of that” being “damn good CB play”

so what is the excuse gonna be when we give up 350+ yards passing every division game? poor dline play?

so what is the excuse gonna be when we give up 350+ yards passing every division game? poor dline play?

Jackson and Bradberry should be an average to slightly below average pair of corners. Maybe solid average if Jackson takes a step this year. The safety position is also slightly below average to average. That's the NFL, you can't have above average position groups everywhere. This team clearly needs the front 7, including the best defensive player in franchise history, to carry the load. If we give up 400 yards passing in a given game, I'll place blame depending on how long the opposing qb had to pick our secondary apart, how often he was pressured, hit, etc.

Jackson and Bradberry should be an average to slightly below average pair of corners. Maybe solid average if Jackson takes a step this year. The safety position is also slightly below average to average. That's the NFL, you can't have above average position groups everywhere. This team clearly needs the front 7, including the best defensive player in franchise history, to carry the load. If we give up 400 yards passing in a given game, I'll place blame depending on how long the opposing qb had to pick our secondary apart, how often he was pressured, hit, etc.

where would you classify this current d as above average...other than KK and Luke on D? Those are the only two difference makers we currently have on defense. this league is becoming a passing league, if it hasn't already. Carolina is behind the 8 ball

2019 Carolina Panthers OTAs

Behind the 8 ball in a passing league by *checks offseason moves* signing Gerald McCoy and Bruce Irvin and drafting two pass rushers?

Donte’s rookie year was a lot better than Norman’s first two years. Norman was a complete headcase who seemed to get a personal foul or taunting flag every game and threw hands with Cam. Obviously Norman turned into a complete stud and always had the talent but he definitely matured from “complete headcase” to “average NFL headcase.” Donte just needs to make that jump.

Short (Above average)
Poe (Average)
McCoy (Average) giving you benefit here because of age
Burns (TBD)
Luke (Elite)
Shaq (Average)
Irvin (Average) Again, age benefit
Bradberry (Above Average)
Jackson (Average, 2nd year)
Reid (Below Average)
Tennessee boy (Below Average)

I feel like those are extremely conservative. That’s not the definition of “behind the 8 ball”

Addison and Miller look to be excellent depth as well. We will see how Cockrell responds to the injury

Mccoy can easily be above average also, just have to wait and see how much he has to give us. He's only 31.

Short (Above average)
Poe (Average)
McCoy (Average) giving you benefit here because of age
Burns (TBD)
Luke (Elite)
Shaq (Average)
Irvin (Average) Again, age benefit
Bradberry (Above Average)
Jackson (Average, 2nd year)
Reid (Below Average)
Tennessee boy (Below Average)

I feel like those are extremely conservative. That’s not the definition of “behind the 8 ball”

Addison and Miller look to be excellent depth as well. We will see how Cockrell responds to the injury

Bradberry above avg? man shoulda used him to slow Julio down the last few seasons.

so two guys above avg makes a top tier defense? its a DT and MLB. helps against the run but not as ideal as edge pass rushers (which we have no one who has proven anything). our best secondary player is bradberry
..who at best is an avg corner on a good day.

Bradberry above avg? man shoulda used him to slow Julio down the last few seasons.

so two guys above avg makes a top tier defense? its a DT and MLB. helps against the run but not as ideal as edge pass rushers (which we have no one who has proven anything). our best secondary player is bradberry
..who at best is an avg corner on a good day.

Yeah he tore us up last year

@Atlanta- 5 receptions 64 yards
Carolina - 4 receptions 28 yards 1 TD

i think the defense will be revitalized this season

i do wonder if marty has some safety rabbit in his hat for late training camp with a vet that doesn't want to practice 2x a day in spartanburg

Our main defensive issue last year was lack of pressure from the front four. Reid was fine. Bradberry was fine. Jackson was streaky.

KK was our best lineman and he had a down year. If you have a strong pass rush it’ll mask deficiencies in the secondary and elevate other position groups. I think with McCoy and Burns being thrown into the mix we should be able to disrupt our opponent’s rhythms.

Honestly that was the most frustrating thing to watch last year. It seemed like opponents’ QBs had all day to throw in every game.

Looking forward to seeing lots of fresh pass rushers on the DL and edge.

Coleman and Roman harper weren't exactly world beaters in 2015. Norman was elite, but our pass rush made all of them become extremely effective. Need the same recipe this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back