• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First let me say that what Cam said was terrible and sexist and he should be criticized for it.

I do wonder how much of the reaction is because he didn't know who she was. Seems like she is pretty pissed about that if what Scott Fowler says is true. My thought about that is be more memorable. Anytime someone introduces themselves to me when we've already met I think, "damn, I need to be more memorable" rather than being pissed off someone else doesn't remember meeting me or my name.

First let me say that what Cam said was terrible and sexist and he should be criticized for it.

I do wonder how much of the reaction is because he didn't know who she was. Seems like she is pretty pissed about that if what Scott Fowler says is true. My thought about that is be more memorable. Anytime someone introduces themselves to me when we've already met I think, "damn, I need to be more memorable" rather than being pissed off someone else doesn't remember meeting me or my name.

Jourdan says EFF YOU !

13392823_1395614237122692_333664583_n.jpg

Yeah also you can't be a reporter for a team that hates you, pretty sure that locker room is going to side with their franchise quarterback

LOL. Her butthurt cost Cam a sponsor and likely will cost her her Job. She needs to go on MSNBC and milk this for all it's worth. Her sportswriting career is done.

Cam has the opportunity now to look like Superman by talking about how we all make mistakes, but "Hey, this girl needs a job and I think we should all come together and support her." They can do a one-on-one interview where they talk about sexism and racism and hug and kiss at the end.

LOL. Her butthurt cost Cam a sponsor and likely will cost her her Job. She needs to go on MSNBC and milk this for all it's worth. Her sportswriting career is done.

I had to put my sunglasses on to read this hot take.

"her sportswriting career is done" is a pretty huge jump

Current Job - the team that she covers won't speak with her any more because she just shit all over their QB
Future Job - "We like your resume, but unfortunately our company has a policy against people who make racist comments on twitter"

Issues like this that leave me totally discouraged.

Love Cam Newton. Always been a huge fan. Thought it was hilarious two weeks ago when many thought he was "done" after he played poorly against the Saints. Cam is coming off surgery. There is an adjustment time for everyone even Superman. Still would rather have Cam as my QB rather than almost anyone else in the game.

All that said, Newton wrongfully belittled a reporter simply trying to do her job. It was stupid and petty. He is an adult that should know better. On top of his error, he didn't immediately apologize even though there had to be many imploring to simply say "I messed up". Instead of dealing with that issue and getting over it; the reporter has been trashed, and many here seem to be gleeful that she has been forced to apologize for tweets that are years old. Just because we root for a team or adore a player; it doesn't mean that our favorite players can't be called out for misbehavior. Cam was wrong; the current attempt to distract by digging into the reporter's past doesn't change the fact that Cam acted like a 12 year-old. Be a leader. Act like a man. Admit your mistake.

Last edited:

Love Cam Newton. Always been a huge fan. Thought it was hilarious two weeks ago when many thought he was "done" after he played poorly against the Saints. Cam is coming off surgery. There is an adjustment time for everyone even Superman. Still would rather have Cam as my QB rather than almost anyone else in the game.

All that said, Newton wrongfully belittled a reporter simply trying to do her job. It was stupid and petty. He is an adult that should know better. On top of his error, he didn't immediately apologize even though there had to be many imploring to simply say "I messed up". Instead of dealing with that issue and getting over it; the reporter has been trashed, and many here seem to be gleeful that she has been forced to apologize for tweets that are years old. Just because we root for a team or adore a player; it doesn't mean that can't be called out for misbehavior. Cam was wrong; the current attempt to distract by digging into the reporter's past doesn't change the fact that Cam acted like a 12 year-old. Be a leader. Act like a man. Admit your mistake.

Good post.

Cam should both kneel for the national anthem and then wear MAGA hats to the press conferences and talk about his love for the wall. Make everyone's heads explode.

All that said, Newton wrongfully belittled a reporter simply trying to do her job. It was stupid and petty. He is an adult that should know better. On top of his error, he didn't immediately apologize even though there had to be many imploring to simply say "I messed up". Instead of dealing with that issue and getting over it; the reporter has been trashed, and many here seem to be gleeful that she has been forced to apologize for tweets that are years old. Just because we root for a team or adore a player; it doesn't mean that our favorite players can't be called out for misbehavior. Cam was wrong; the current attempt to distract by digging into the reporter's past doesn't change the fact that Cam acted like a 12 year-old. Be a leader. Act like a man. Admit your mistake.

Sexist !!!!!!

Kinda pathetic that people are scraping through that reporters old tweets just to counter the outrage. Just admit that Cam goofed, the sexist mindset is a problem, and move on. Nobody expects Cam to be a woke feminist, we just expect him to not be a dick to a reporter doing her job. That's not a high standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back