• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reporter didn't ask a question related to the female perspective of routes, she asked a question directly relevant to her job as a sports reporter covering the Panthers.

Cam volunteering his comment/laughter/whatever wasn't based on a bad question beyond the scope of his job - it was based on his own prerogative.

So, per usual, not sure what your point is.

You have to consider that Cam embarrassed a professional in front of her peers. If he says that shit to a fan on the street it's not nearly as big a deal.

Thought it was a very good apology as well. Much better than some prepared statement or a tweet sent out by a PR person on his behalf. If you want some kind of better apology than that you won't get one from anyone in the NFL. I guess the fake outrage has to continue somehow so it's easy to just keep on piling on the apology. Pathetic.

I am not piling on at all. I just thought the apology, especially in this format, came off as hack. The fact is, he thought her question was funny. That is fact. So to later act sincere and talk about supermom seems disingenuous to me. I do not buy that he is heartfelt sorry. I don't really think he is. He made a dumb comment but his emotion to the comment was real Cam. So some heartfelt supermom story is gross. IMO, a written apology would have played better. Again, this is from someone who does not like Cam, so those who do, are sure to feel different.

The reporter didn't ask a question related to the female perspective of routes, she asked a question directly relevant to her job as a sports reporter covering the Panthers.

Cam volunteering his comment/laughter/whatever wasn't based on a bad question beyond the scope of his job - it was based on his own prerogative.

So, per usual, not sure what your point is.

And he spent about 2 minutes answering the question that was asked in great detail immediately after the comment/laughter/whatever. Yet everyone is focusing on the first 10 seconds.

Something I find interesting in all this is the other media organizations with shitty track records of hiring women writers using this as an opportunity to cover their asses.

Route
A female who is a hoe..
Someone who sleeps around usually a girl
Yo, I'm bout to go over this routes house so I could hit.
#hoe#slut#smeigal#shmut#whore#etc.

That is from urban dictionary. One theory I have heard that he was laughing at a female saying this. I don't personally buy it but adding some more conspiracy is always fun.

Something I find interesting in all this is the other media organizations with shitty track records of hiring women writers using this as an opportunity to cover their asses.

Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such films as "Everyone Else Is The Racist", "Look How Progressive I Am", and "Drowning, As Loudly As Possible, In Guilt."

Route
A female who is a hoe..
Someone who sleeps around usually a girl
Yo, I'm bout to go over this routes house so I could hit.
#hoe#slut#smeigal#shmut#whore#etc.

That is from urban dictionary. One theory I have heard that he was laughing at a female saying this. I don't personally buy it but adding some more conspiracy is always fun.

Haha, that would be something. I feel like he would have left out "reporter" if that was the case.

Don’t know if it’s dumber for this to be the cross people to die on who:

1. Think this is something Cam should forever be excoriated for

Or

2. People who believe there’s nothing at all wrong about what Cam said.

A lot of people somehow find this an impossibility, but it's perfectly okay to think that what he said was wrong, while still believing he shouldn't be crucified for it the way he has been.

A lot of people somehow find this an impossibility, but it's perfectly okay to think that what he said was wrong, while still believing he shouldn't be crucified for it the way he has been.

Exactly. It was wrong of Cam to say what he did especially in a professional situation. Grand scheme of things though this is a huge meh burger and we need to move on. Cams bad with the media, this is well documented.

Last edited:
Exactly. It was wrong of Cam to say that what he did especially in a professional situation. Grand scheme of things though this is a huge meh burger and we need to move on. Cams bad with the media, this is well documented.

This post is a meh burger if you ask me. Stop being such a sexist, you Cam apologist !

This post is a meh burger if you ask me. Stop being such a sexist, you Cam apologist !

These are the days when a nerdy donk BA can post a 100 percent factual and cited letter and end up being fired for it. Cams gonna get torched by the SJWs.

I really doubt that Cam Newton and his speech impediment were selling a ton of yogurt as-is.

I really wonder why he doesnt have a floss/tooth brush endorsement after getting so much pub for flossing on the sideline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back