• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch much. Webb had two touchdowns but I saw his INT and it was awful.

It was an awful game. DA sucked, the 2nd team defense sucks, CAP played well but against fringe roster players. Mayo had a nice play, that was about it.

Gano doinked another FG off the goal post also. They let Butker kick both PAT's, he went 2/2. Gano's missed 6 PAT's the last two seasons. I'd still say Gano makes the team over Butker, but they gave them both a chance last night.

Gano doinked another FG off the goal post also. They let Butker kick both PAT's, he went 2/2. Gano's missed 6 PAT's the last two seasons. I'd still say Gano makes the team over Butker, but they gave them both a chance last night.

According to ESPN's fantasy draft rankings, Butker is our kicker. He's the one with the projected point total.

From Joe Person: "I thought Gano had the edge entering the game because of his experience, but I’m not sure how confident Panthers coach Ron Rivera can be in Gano at this point. That’s what it comes down: Who do you trust more to make a kick with a game on the line – a rookie (who didn’t miss a kick all preseason) or a veteran who seems a little shook since his 50-yard miss at Denver last September?"

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article170625562.html#storylink=cpy

No matter what happens, at least we didn't spend a second round pick on a kicker and cut him.

(We just traded a second round DE for peanuts then he got cut.)

We weren't going to have three nickel backs.

Sanchez got cut and was on the practice squad last year anyway.

Sanchez got hurt again last preseason game as well. means UFA Cole Luke is likely going to make the team... he's had a good preseason. Corn Elder hasn't played all preseason w/ injury but he's probably safe too. Captain is still starting slot CB, with Worley and Bradberry on the outside. we need to pick up some S help after other teams finish cuts.

I assume Mike Adams and Kurt are good but we do need some depth

So my local Fox station (Greenville, SC), which bills itself as Fox Carolina, has the GB-Seattle game listed instead. It's the better game for sure, but come on.

4th round pick for Andy Lee gets my vote for worst GMan move. Just cut, rolling with Palardy at punter.

Decent chance Butker beats out Gano too, team still deciding.

Saw that we're getting trade requests for Gano. What are we waiting for??

Bersin to IR.

4th round pick for Andy Lee gets my vote for worst GMan move. Just cut, rolling with Palardy at punter.

Decent chance Butker beats out Gano too, team still deciding.

Yeah. At least we got a good SB performance and a few draft spots for Ealy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back