• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he's dead to me. I hope he never plays in the NFL again, and I really wish he would stop being a story. Dude should have a statue outside of the snowflake hall of fame on one knee.

Sounds like you should have a statue yourself.

Any talk of Kaep is kinda silly because Webb has looked pretty good this preseason.

C'mon now. Kaep has proven to be at worst an adequate QB over thousands of snaps. Webb hasn't seen legit live action since 2012 (when oh by the way he looked pretty awful) and has spent most of his recent time playing other positions.

We're not signing Kaep. But Webb's preseason shouldn't factor in at all

Last edited:
If someone is politicizing the national anthem, that is on them, not the organization playing the national anthem.

LOL. You're criticize the response to a political act, not the political act itself.

There used to be a clean break between the political postgame and the game itself. There was a national anthem, maybe a flyover. Then it would stop and the players came on the field and the game started. The NFL changed that.

Players used to come out after the national anthem and other pregame fanfare. That changed some time after 9/11. Also, the military has a large contract with the NFL.

If you don't want the NFL pregame to be politicized, that's on the NFL, not the players.

What about every other sport in the US that plays the anthem with the players on the court. That is just a "lol how can I make this fit my agenda" take, Ph.

What about every other sport in the US that plays the anthem with the players on the court. That is just a "lol how can I make this fit my agenda" take, Ph.

What's your point? The NFL made a specific change to fit an agenda.

Still curious when nonviolent protest is good and when it isn't. Kaep did a very innocuous thing that nobody even noticed when he started doing it. He's suffered a ridiculous amount of blowback for it.

What's your point? The NFL made a specific change to fit an agenda.

Still curious when nonviolent protest is good and when it isn't. Kaep did a very innocuous thing that nobody even noticed when he started doing it. He's suffered a ridiculous amount of blowback for it.

He's suffering blow back for it because people are using it as an excuse as to why he isn't on an NFL team when he isn't anywhere close to starting caliber and is demanding top 20 money for it.

He's suffering blow back for it because people are using it as an excuse as to why he isn't on an NFL team when he isn't anywhere close to starting caliber and is demanding top 20 money for it.

He suffered blowback well before he became a free agent.

Sounds like you should have a statue yourself.

Good one. For the record, I agree with his position and welcome his participation in the greater debate regarding race relations in this country. That said, I don't like him as a player and I think the media has way overblown the significance of what he did. I'm sure I was not the only one who got tired of news headlines debating whether he would stand or kneel. And fuck him for the playoff game against the Panthers and acting like he was the shit when he really just was the beneficiary of an incredibly loaded team that any good qb would have won a ring with.

And he was on his way to becoming a free agent before he decided to take a knee.

Nah.

There are so many shitty QBs in this league. Even if he's declined from his very good seasons earlier on, which indicate he at least has the potential, Kaep still had a 16-to-4 TD-to-INT ratio last season.

I mean for chrissakes we watched Chad Henne start for a team last night and he's done the greater part of zero his entire professional career.

when he isn't anywhere close to starting caliber and is demanding top 20 money for it.

Sauce?

Nah.

There are so many shitty QBs in this league. Even if he's declined from his very good seasons earlier on, which indicate he at least has the potential, Kaep still had a 16-to-4 TD-to-INT ratio last season.

I mean for chrissakes we watched Chad Henne start for a team last night and he's done the greater part of zero his entire professional career.

That doesn't mean he wasn't headed for free agency on a team that was going 2-14 and needed a rebuild.

Free agent in January? Sure.

Free agent in September? Not so much

Nah.

Sauce?

"Further, we know from multiple sources that Kaepernick isn’t just looking for any job. Two people to whom I spoke last week say he’s looking for a place that offers him a chance to compete for a starting job and a salary befitting a high-end backup quarterback or a low-end starter. Think something like $9 million to $10 million."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-9-10-million-per-year-and-a-chance-to-start/

That was the original report, which was from March. This followed when the Seahawks passed on him in June

"Throughout the weekend leading up to the Davis signing, the buzz surrounding Kaepernick and the Seahawks was that Pete Carroll wouldn’t bring him on board because “he’s a starter,” and Seattle already has one of those. However, another report surfaced in which money was said to be the deciding factor.

Simply put, Kaepernick supposedly wants starter money. That’s been what many have surmised all along, and that report only solidified that opinion all the more."

Cool, thx. Though I will add that that was in March, so one would imagine his demands have dropped slightly.

And if they haven't, one would think NFL execs would find a way of getting that out to make themselves look better in the press (and if they were actively trying to sign him)

didn't kap opt out of his contract? I've said this multiple times but the Nessa curse rivals the Kardashian curse

the only reason we would sign Kap is if Cam requested it for a week so that he could shit on him for being his worthless washed up 29 year old backup

Guy becomes one of the top 50 individuals at his profession in the world. Complete failure

Meh. I guess.

Copying/mocking celebrations is lame though, I'm with you there. Always hated Hines Ward for doing that incessantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back