• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds of winning the Super Bowl with a journeyman backup QB? If number 1 goes down take the season L and get better draft picks.

Joe Webb might get a start or two in Buffalo

I'd say Joe Webb seemed like he was an important piece of our special teams, but that unit sucked last year, so again not really a great argument for saying we should have kept him

Yeah, I don't know that there is any evidence that he's above replacement level as a QB or ST guy. Understand that he's providing replacement level value at two positions while only taking one roster spot but QB3 is pretty useless. I'd rather have someone excel at ST with the last spot and just pick up a QB3 if QB1 or 2 gets hurt badly.

Having Kaepernick available allows us to only carry two QBs.

@PanthersBill: NFL reschedules Bucs/Dolphins for Week 11, which was originally a bye week for each team.

Both teams will have a bye week 1 then play 16 straight games

That really sucks. I assume they turned down the option to play the game in Jerry's World on Saturday night or something like that.

That really sucks. I assume they turned down the option to play the game in Jerry's World on Saturday night or something like that.

Yeah no way Miami would want to lose a home game, especially since they are already playing a "home" game in London this year. 6 home games would hurt both their playoff chances and their revenue.

@PanthersBill: First injury report comes out today. Only guys not practicing: Cole Luke and Jared Norris

We are going to pound the 49ers into the depths of Levis Stadium. Got some demons to get out of the way there and a whole hell of a lot of talent coming to do it. Looking forward to Sunday at 4:25. Panthers 34-13. KEEP POUNDING

Yeah no way Miami would want to lose a home game, especially since they are already playing a "home" game in London this year. 6 home games would hurt both their playoff chances and their revenue.

ESPN said Miami players had voted to keep the BYE and move the game to another location.

Would be tough as a player to basically either say "I wanna play 16 straight games" or "We wanna keep our bye and leave our community/friends/families to face Irma alone and play the game somewhere far away".

It's Wednesday, the fans and family have just as much time to leave as the team

I wonder if Hurney was waiting to see if the Raiders needed a kicker after Janikowski was put on IR. Well, his replacement just nailed a 52 yarder.

Tommy Bohanon TD!! Missed an earlier one by about a foot in the first half.

Tommy Bohanon TD!! Missed an earlier one by about a foot in the first half.

Edit: Oops - wrong NFL thread, though I assume Panther fans are still interested in an ex-Wake player.

Double edit: Meant to edit but did a quote by accident. Blaming Irma.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back