• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paraphrase: Said, talking about some rookie QB (presume Kizer), that "you aren't going to win games as a QB running the football, you have to stand back there and deliver the ball like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc, you can't duck and run, you have to stand in the pocket.." blah blah

He was basically saying you can't be black, you can't be Cam Newton, you're never going to win a Super Bowl with a running QB.
what a dumb post.

Guys, that's what Boomer said, not me. He kept going on about how you can't win with a running QB, can't get to a Super Bowl, you have to have a pocket passer.

I wasn't saying that, there's plenty of evidence contrary to Boomer's dumbass comments.

I see you, Russ.

I'm just fine, confused at the loss of reading ability of some for a brief period.

Oblong, when did Kaepernick start playing soccer. (avatar)

i dont know why the niners are trying to force the passing game when Hyde is running it down our throats

Mobile QBs have won Super Bowls. So what was he talking about?
Perhaps he just thinks you have a better chance of success with a QB whose primary strength is passing ability, not running. Where did he bring in race?

Perhaps he just thinks you have a better chance of success with a QB whose primary strength is passing ability, not running. Where did he bring in race?

Since when has there been an NFL QB whose primary strength was running? That doesn't exist. The NFL has passing QBs who can't run and passing QBs who can. There's no option QBs in the NFL.

Since when has there been an NFL QB whose primary strength was running? That doesn't exist. The NFL has passing QBs who can't run and passing QBs who can. There's no option QBs in the NFL.
So where did he bring in race? That was the dumb part of Slim's post.

2017 Carolina Panthers Thread: Week One @ SF

So where did he bring in race? That was the dumb part of Slim's post.

"Running QB" or "Dual threat QB" are euphemisms for black QBs.

Look at how some Wake fans treat Wolford as a passing QB and Hinton as a running QB even though they have similar skill sets.

Black QB prospects are far more likely to be branded dual threats than white QBs.

Given how successful mobile QBs like Young or more recently Wilson have been, he couldn't have meant that you have to have a traditional pocket passer to win.

Kinda mad they blew that sack dead, Peppers got a clear strip I thought and he hadn't been tangled up long/had just escaped a couple guys.

Ayo being particularly obtuse here. #tombradysbitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back