• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see siff embarrassing himself in the Panthers thread has rolled into another week.

I realize the whole team stunk last night, but Jordan Scarlett showed pretty much nothing. 10 carries for 24 yards.

So he's not the real deal?

This guy knows what's up.

Reggie Bonnafon has actually looked really good every time he's been on the field. CAP somehow seems to have the #1 backup position secured. Holyfield is probably the odd man out since Scarlett was drafted.

CAP signed a one-year contract a few months ago for $895,000 and only $90,000 dead cap.

Bonnafon, Holyfield, and Scarlett are in for $495,000 this year.

From a roster standpoint I'm not sure the Panthers are any worse off with two or three of the young guys versus a combination of CAP and one or two of the young guys.

The Grier and Scarlett picks were just dumb given that we already had Allen and CAP on the roster and aren't really going to use them anyway. Yeah, I know Ron is talking about sitting CMC more, but no way does CAP play a decent number of snaps.

That's because CAP sucks and we need somebody else who is an actual threat when CMC comes out. We totally misused CJ Anderson last year, but he was ahead of CAP on the depth chart. It's just a matter oftime before CMC is out for a few meaningful games in the middle of the season and CAP is not a viable option, imo. There's a reason why we only signed him to a one-year deal.

Allen also sucks. He throws like injured CAM and can't run.

I don't blame Hurney for trying to upgrade those two positions through the draft.

would have been nice to have picked up Dortch

I think Scarlett will be ok, better than CAP

I'm worried that we had 4 picks in the first 3 rounds and so far have come away with just Brian Burns

We spent our 3rd rounder on a guy who doesn't deserve the backup qb job? I'm shocked.

I don’t see how anyone could question taking a QB early after All or Nothing. Cam’s shoulder fell apart just from general QB play. Now if he was the right QB or not of course is open to discussion. Allen is unlikely to be anything in the league

2019 Carolina Panthers Preseason

I’ve explained it plenty of times before. Will Grier isn’t going to save a season. If Cam’s shoulder is done, we will be in position to draft a top QB who is more likely to be the future starter.

Let me explain it like this. If Cam injures his shoulder again and we go 1-15 with Allen and Grier, are we going to pass on Tua or Hebert and stick with Grier? Of course not. So why draft Grier in the first place instead of drafting a player who can help us win with healthy Cam.

Last edited:
Herbert and Tua should not be in the same discussion

Yeah that’s absurd

QBs are crapshoots, Grier could be a really good QB at the end of the day for all we know. Cam looked like dog shit before the injury too, might just be something with our preseason offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back