• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask yourself when was the last time you saw Cam in a photo, IG post, video, or press conference with with one of his kids.

Fair point for a player known for getting along so well with kids. You'd think he'd at least have them hanging around in the weirdest clothes.

Ask yourself when was the last time you saw Cam in a photo, IG post, video, or press conference with with one of his kids.

Maybe Cam just doesn't wanna put his kids in the limelight? Understandable and I'd say even respectable if so

This keeps being repeated on here and I have yet to see a single source or even rumor anywhere else confirming or even discussing this

1. The team is never going to touch this topic, so not sure who you would expect to hear this from. TMZ maybe?
2. Check social media for 5 minutes and you can all but confirm yourself

I mentioned this earlier, but Cam is dealing with a very screwed up personal life right now. His baby mama - who is pregnant with his 4th child - left him several weeks ago. Cam is not in a good place by any stretch right now. The physical injury side I actually think is less of an issue than what's going on with him emotionally. It surely can't help. The Panthers know Cam's heart isn't in playing right now and he probably can't throw it in the ocean because of it. I don't even think he has the competitive spirit right now to tuck and run with the ball.

With him also being physically not 100%, the Panthers will probably keep him off the field a while one way or the other. He is messed up from head to toe right now. BAD

Interesting...

The nfl is a what have you done for me lately league. How many games in a row has cam lost as a starter?

Yeah but he was noticeably injured and they refused to sit him.

If it were just Cam's foot, he would be carrying a clipboard and encouraging the team.

It seems pretty likely that there is more wrong with Cam than his foot.

I blame the NFL for allowing Denver and then every other team to murder Cam in 2016.
Am concerned that he may have some version of CTE and needs to be getting help.

So is TMZ covering this? They have a sports division now, right?

how was cams accuracy beforing injuring his shoulder last season? a healthy cam makes this offense WAYYY more dangerous than kyle fucking allen. if we didnt have mccaffery right now wed be 0-5

Everything I’ve ever heard is that they breakup often and he has a lot of fun often

It’s hard to take emotion out of this because Cam is my favorite player ever and all through his career he’s down things no other QB can do. But it’s been a long time since Cam was really Cam. Maybe the beginning of last season. But it seems longer than that since I absolutely believed he could get 3 yards on a QB power whenever he wanted to, and usually more, and that Cam rolling out was truly exciting. Where I’m at is this: if he’s clear headed and physically able to run at will, I want him suiting up. If that’s not happening, I don’t think I want to see any more of him chucking the ball into the ground or the stands and standing still all game. It’s not the way he’s supposed to be used and doesn’t help us.

sd3, want the $50 on the Falcons-Panthers bet now? That was a whiff on my behalf, just slight diff between Watson last week and this.

Guess defense wasn't gonna be good every week, nice to have the running game pick up the load. And still D got some turnovers at least.

McCaf should be league MVP

If you want to concede today, donate 25.00 to www.bethematch.org and our bet will be resolved

A healthy Cam Newton playing at his past high levels is unquestionably better than Kyle Allen.

I do think though that there is a high chance Cam might never make it back to that level of productivity. Panther fans need to brace for this.

I agree with this 100%. I've felt like for a while now, Cam won't ever be that player again even fully healthy and with no other personal issues. Age and wear and tear have caught up to him. He's a running QB. Runningbacks in this league flame out at 30+. Cam's... 30+

I think the Panthers are the best team in the South so far. The Saints have won four games by 17 points and lost one game by 18.

Cam - if he isn't a threat to run - is virtually useless as a QB. He's an also-ran at best. Kyle Allen is actually probably the better option if Cam isn't going to run much anymore. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back