• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this 100%. I've felt like for a while now, Cam won't ever be that player again even fully healthy and with no other personal issues. Age and wear and tear have caught up to him. He's a running QB. Runningbacks in this league flame out at 30+. Cam's... 30+

Last year, we started 6-2. Cam was completing 67% of his passes. He had 15 TDs and only 4 picks. He had a 100+ QBR in 5 of 8 games. It's very plausible he simply got hurt and never fully recovered then injured his foot and it hasn't healed yet.

I'm concerned about his shoulder. Despite what the team says, I suspect he is not running to save hits on the shoulder. And his new throwing motion has not had led to any accuracy. Andrew Luck needed a full year off to recover from his shoulder. Kurt Warner looked washed up with the Giants (while hurt), then took the Cardinals to the SB. Sometimes you need a year to fully heal.

What Carolina is learning is that it does not need a star QB to win games. A game manager will do. We're closer in construction to the Ravens, Bucs, Broncos SB teams led by defense, ground game, and average (at best, Manning sucked his last year) QB.

These two factors have given the team and Cam the luxury of a lot of time off. If Allen gets hurt, Cam is suddenly healthy enough to play; but I don't think he is part of the team's long term plans like he used to be.

I agree with that. I think we take a QB in the first next year no matter what.

Nice CMC breakdowns

Last edited:
Cam wasn't there for some reason. Regardless of it being a week to week thing he needs to be out there as a captain supporting the his teammates. Greg was on the sideline every week in a boot last year. There have been instagram posts of him around Charlotte and he crashed a Riot event this week so it's not like he isn't physically able to be there.

So let's hope there was a good reason we wasn't at BOA stadium.

It was a fundraiser for the Cam Newton Foundation; it's not like he just randomly showed up. He talked quite a bit at this event, but nobody asked him when he would be back on the field.

https://theriotreport.com/cam-newton-we-aint-done-yet/

Anyone know of any Winston bars/breweries opening early for the game Sunday? I have a bunch of friends coming to town for my wedding and as much as I’d love to host 20 hungover friends at my house I’d like for my marriage to last longer than a day.

Anyone know of any Winston bars/breweries opening early for the game Sunday? I have a bunch of friends coming to town for my wedding and as much as I’d love to host 20 hungover friends at my house I’d like for my marriage to last longer than a day.

I think the Winston chapter of the Roaring Riot are doing an "English Breakfast" and the game that morning. They meet at The Old Winston Social Club. Believe you have to RSVP for the breakfast, but anyone can show up just to watch the game.

Maybe check the premier league bar as well, I'm sure they will have it on. Small Batch maybe?

EGdA1HXXYAEWUrR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back