• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Long-term mediocrity" is a good way to describe the history of this franchise.

Kyle Allen proving why he was a 2nd string QB at two college programs.

Definitely looking like a back up right now. He is pretty young so I am not ready to say he will never become a quality starting QB just yet.

The offensive line gave him no time and looked atrocious but that is not an excuse to throw 4 picks. Need better line play regardless of who is the QB.

I'm hoping that given a complete year to heal, that Cam will come back a la Kurt Warner did from Giants to Cardinals.

Cam's done. Tepper doesn't appear to believe in him. 2 surgeries to his throwing arm, almost 2 years missed now, foot issues. Tepper trades or cuts him and moves on. Might be wholesale changes end of season.

If we knew we were gonna be in a position to draft one of the top QBs I'd be more on board with letting Cam walk or trading him, but we won't know that until draft night and the decision on Cam will need to get made before that

If Cam responds well to surgery, you gotta keep him then draft a QB and let the four QBs fight it out in camp.

My ideal world would be let Cam play out his contract next season and draft Tua this draft. Let him take a complete year to rehab and learn the offense.

Now we can say we’ve wasted two generation talents this decade (three if you count Luke)

I mean we were one not great coaching effort and some questionable officiating from winning the Super Bowl in 2016

well we've had not great coaching for a decade so that part shouldn't have been a surprise

I mean we were one not great coaching effort and some questionable officiating from winning the Super Bowl in 2016

Meh, we got our ass handed to us that game. We were the better team that year, but we weren't prepared and were not focused enough to win that game. We thought we won it vs. Arizona. We would've beat them 7/10 times. Got cocky and haven't ever been the same since.

Asses handed to us is unfair IMO. Our defense balled out. Only TDs the Broncos got were on the strip sack and after the Cam business decision fumble that set them up in the red zone (a drive that was aided by a soft holding call on 3rd down against Norman). Then didn't get any help from officials (didn't give us the Cotchery catch which was immediately followed by the strip sack, Bronco off the left edge on Gano's missed FG was offsides, Miller should have been flagged on the other Cam fumble for batting the ball, and the aforementioned holding call that set up the final Denver TD). But agree when you said we weren't prepared, which is on the coaching and what I said above.

Apparently none of the teams I cheer for has mastered special teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back