• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carson Wentz got the Eagles to the point where they were going to be the #1 seed in the playoffs, and Foles (to his credit) took it down by winning two home games and then the SB, but I don't think the Eagles win the SB if Foles was the QB all year

yeah. my question obviously didn't refer to the team around Foles as it was great. but it seems like perhaps the Panthers are just a few pieces away from being a contender, so who knows if Allen could get them all the way if the other pieces are in place.

yeah. my question obviously didn't refer to the team around Foles as it was great. but it seems like perhaps the Panthers are just a few pieces away from being a contender, so who knows if Allen could get them all the way if the other pieces are in place.

Which pieces? I think this team has an elite RB, very good LB corps (mostly Luke though), and is passable, mercurial, or mediocre everywhere else.

Which pieces? I think this team has an elite RB, very good LB corps (mostly Luke though), and is passable, mercurial, or mediocre everywhere else.

I think you are shorting how good the DL has been....aren't the Panthers top 3 in the league in sacks?

I think you are shorting how good the DL has been....aren't the Panthers top 3 in the league in sacks?

#1. But our sack leaders are mostly LBs. #29 in rushing yards allowed.

I put 60 seconds into these ratings don't take them seriously, kinda

QB- idk
WR- B
RB- A
OLine- D
TE- B-

DLine- C-
Edge- C+
LB- B
CB- B-
S- C-

QB- Allen = C Healthy Cam B / Unhealthy Cam C-
WR- C
RB- A
OLine- D
TE- B

DLine- B-
Edge- C+
LB- B
CB- B
S- C-

what's happened to Ian Thomas this year? He showed some glimpses of talent last year but been an absolute non-factor this year.

edit: and I know he started a few games in place of G-reg last year, but it looks like he's been targeted all of 2 times this season.

Last edited:
Greg is healthy.

I was pumped about Ian Thomas last year too but I guess he hasn't progressed the way anyone wants him to. And also Greg is still awesome.

I have to say the Panthers have managed to elevate Dortch in the eyes of Panthers fans by yanking Dortch around the roster despite a solid performance.

Yeah, that story is idiotic. All Dortch accomplished is he didn't fumble.

I don't know if it's necessarily an accomplishment, but I don't want DJ Moore back there fielding kicks.

There's a certain piece of mind that comes with trusting your return man not to muff punts. A run of the mill fair catch or 10 yard return is a major improvement over a bobble. And it's certainly more important than a 4th RB.

Panthers straters ranked by PFF score

Christian McCaffrey: 89.3

Luke Kuechly: 81.3

D.J. Moore: 79.4

Gerald McCoy: 79.0

Vernon Butler: 75.4

Tre Boston: 71.7

Mario Addison: 70.6

Shaq Thompson: 69.7

Greg Olsen: 69.4

Dontari Poe: 69.0

Taylor Moton: 68.9

James Bradberry: 68.5

Curtis Samuel: 68.5

Donte Jackson: 68.0

Dennis Daley: 67.0

Greg Van Roten: 63.8

Bruce Irvin: 60.8

Trai Turner: 59.8

Kyle Allen: 54.9

Eric Reid: 53.6

Jarius Wright: 49.7

Matt Paradis: 47.9

2019 Carolina Panthers Thread

Are we going to sign Vernon Butler long term? Seems unnecessary unless he can play with KK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back