• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playoffs seem to be really tough with the Viking and Seahawk primetime wins. Best chance seems to be to win the division at this point

Playoffs seem to be really tough with the Viking and Seahawk primetime wins. Best chance seems to be to win the division at this point

Would have thought that was crazy 48 hours ago, but the Saints are clearly vulnerable right now with some of their injuries, and we get them twice over the last 7 games.

We signed Corn Elder from the Giants practice squad.

Minutes later the Bucs released Vernon Hargreaves.

I don’t remember a season with this much turnover at the bottom of the roster.

We'll need to finish the season 6-1 to have a shot at the playoffs, with the 1 not being against the Saints. Probably safe to go ahead and fire up the offseason thread, whole lot about to happen in Charlotte.

New coach, new GM, new stadium?, Tepper vs. city, MLS, new QB? quite a few contract talks, retirements

Buckle up

Probably true, but the chance exists Seattle goes 2-3 against @ PHI, vs MIN, @ Rams, vs AZ, vs SF. If we go 10-6 and beat Seattle H2H then we'd be ahead of them in the pecking order

Last edited:
We'll need to finish the season 6-1 to have a shot at the playoffs, with the 1 not being against the Saints. Probably safe to go ahead and fire up the offseason thread, whole lot about to happen in Charlotte.

New coach, new GM, new stadium?, Tepper vs. city, MLS, new QB? quite a few contract talks, retirements

Buckle up

It will be interesting to see if a guy worth $12B asks the city to build a new stadium...

Buckle up

Agree. We would need the Packers/Vikings and Niners/Seahawks to collapse to have a decent shot. And even then, the Rams could get it together and they hold the tiebreaker. The Cowboys, Eagles, and even the Bears could improve as well. I haven't looked the schedules, but I think we could get 10 wins and still be left out.

Agree. We would need the Packers/Vikings and Niners/Seahawks to collapse to have a decent shot. And even then, the Rams could get it together and they hold the tiebreaker. The Cowboys, Eagles, and even the Bears could improve as well. I haven't looked the schedules, but I think we could get 10 wins and still be left out.

Seattle probably would have the tiebreak with the Rams on divisional record, so if that holds true, we all finished 10-6 and we beat Seattle H2H, then we would be ahead of both on the tiebreakers.

I don't see the East getting two teams, Dallas' schedule is brutal. Vikings are the one team I highly doubt we can catch (and GB too obvs)

Early loss to the bucs hurts the most. Not a game we should've lost. 6-3 right now with 2 left vs no and division would be a real possibility. Allen played pretty well, but he still effectively cost us the game along with the run D. Pick cost us at least 3, maybe 7 and the fumble probably cost us another 3. He also easily could've been picked a few more times, but he put up a heck of a fight. Personally still think Cam is worth trying to salvage but I'm one of the few left with that opinion I believe.

Nah I think getting rid of Cam would be crazy - a healthy high level QB that gives the offense another element is worth investing in for his last year under contract at I think ~$19M. Kyle Allen is fine, but isn't going to win us a Super Bowl. Maybe we'll pull off an upset or two to close out the season, but I'm expecting finishing at 8-8 and missing the playoffs. All the talking head narratives are just writers trying to get clicks or eyeballs, I haven't seen much reporting from anyone in the organization about what we may be thinking regarding Cam.

Although SD3's post does frame it that this might be the time that Tepper starts making his presence felt, and I could certainly see that happening

I understand how the math means Cam will likely move on, but I'd be ok if he somehow came back with a cap friendlier deal. He's not going to make what the last year of his contract here would have paid him. Can't that contract be renegotiated? Why play for the Bears for less and not Carolina?

I also think it's interesting that some of the conversation is about making CMC the new face of the franchise, which after all the (now seemingly well founded) concerns about Cam's lifespan as a high level contributor, we are now going to invest big dollars in a small RB? Perhaps Christian is an exception, but I think given his current and past workload I feel like he'll be burned totally in 3-4 years tops

RE: Allen winning a Super Bowl. He's pretty much just as good as Nick Foles, right? Maybe?

I also think it's interesting that some of the conversation is about making CMC the new face of the franchise, which after all the (now seemingly well founded) concerns about Cam's lifespan as a high level contributor, we are now going to invest big dollars in a small RB? Perhaps Christian is an exception, but I think given his current and past workload I feel like he'll be burned totally in 3-4 years tops

He can’t keep this up for that long. Gurley is already struggling. I’m definitely concerned within 3-4 years we will be talking about how the front office didn’t take care of CMC like they didn’t take care of Cam.

Carson Wentz got the Eagles to the point where they were going to be the #1 seed in the playoffs, and Foles (to his credit) took it down by winning two home games and then the SB, but I don't think the Eagles win the SB if Foles was the QB all year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back