• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kevin Stefanski is my favorite - super high potential

I wonder if Shurmur would join his staff as OC in a flip of the mentor/mentee roles

I know his name has been brought up in the media as HC material. But when I watch the Vikings' O, I'd have to pass. There are too many games where he just looks scared to let Cousins throw the ball. I'd rather have Bieniemy. Or maybe Roman if the plan is to keep Cam and draft another running QB.

Cam needs to be less of a running QB and while few QBs are like Lamar Jackson, pretty much any young NFL caliber QB can pick up yards on the ground. The QB run should be part of any NFL offense.

Makes complete sense that Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder quickly hired retreads.

Mark Stoops to Carolina is a done deal. Press conference within 48 hours.

13510117.jpg

I like the candidate Tepper seems to be looking for, but I don't know which coordinators fit that description. Bieniemy would be older than this but he has plenty of experience as a player and coach that would be a huge positive. I like that he's a players coach and a RB guy. Getting efficient play out of CMC that doesn't wear him out is key. Can't get excited about McDaniels, but I'll love him if he wins here. Don't know much about other possible candidates.

So far I trust Tepper.

Good interview with Tepper here.

Panthers Mobile: David Tepper explains why he decided to part ways with head coach Ron Rivera https://www.panthers.com/video/davi...cided-to-part-ways-with-head-coach-ron-rivera

Highlights:
Fewell and Scott Turner are getting auditions for future coaching jobs in the franchise.
Wants to keep Norv’s experience around
Looking for a head coach with a modern approach including analytics with old school discipline like the Steelers
He’s adding an assistant GM position. Considers it like a COO because management job is too big for one person. Says that person could be a future GM.
Says Hurney is one of the best evaluators of college talent. The asst GM will be in charge of analytics.

I thought it was a very good interview and I have confidence Tepper will make the right moves. My impression of the “audition” comments is that he’s looking to win games not tank. He wants them to be highly motivated and focused on the Panthers not jobs elsewhere.

I think Hurney is gone and the asst GM is the replacement to be announced sometime in the next 18 months.

Geez people. If you’re worried Tepper is going to be as bad as Snyder, you may as well stop being a Panthers fan.

I got the impression Tepper is looking for a 2020 version of Tomlin. Young guy (hired at 34, started coaching in the league at 28) with an old school mentality and ability to manage difficult personalities. But a 2020 version of Tomlin would be big into analytics.

Not sure who I want either, but I did kinda breathe a sigh of relief when McCarthy was hired by Dallas and not panthers.

Agreed. I heard a breaking news clip on sports radio and instinctively I thought they were saying McCarthy to the Panthers. And my heart sunk a little bit. On paper I know he’s a good coach but it didn’t excite me.

That’s how you know what you feel about a certain hire, that instinctive gut reaction. No doubt I’m going to go through the same thing when we hire our next basketball coach.

It's all over Twitter now. So the Giants get Jason Garrett?

i understand that hoodies with cutoff sleeves strongly correlate with championships. Maybe the smock is the next-gen thing?

I know nothing about him but after a quick wiki search, he turned around two college programs in no time at all. Hope it translates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back