• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather risk it with a guy who could be a game changer or fail spectacularly than a guy who is going to have us juuuuust close enough to keep him for a decade.

I know nothing about him but after a quick wiki search, he turned around two college programs in no time at all. Hope it translates

That's the huge plus to me. And he did it at two places without a tradition of winning.

I know nothing about him but after a quick wiki search, he turned around two college programs in no time at all. Hope it translates

Sigh.. But College != NFL. Very different animal. Not saying he won't be capable, i don't know anything about him.

Just not a big fan of College to Pro move, or hiring the first guy you interview with 4 others lined up to interview in the same week... Fear the revolving door has started in Carolina ala Browns mgmt...

ENr99IXUUAMtqK2

I give Grobe a lot of the Baylor credit.

Apparently Tepper just showed up at dude's house when he got back from his Mexican vacation and hired him on the spot so nobody else could get him.

Apparently Tepper just showed up at dude's house when he got back from his Mexican vacation and hired him on the spot so nobody else could get him.

Interesting move by Tepper. I am always skeptical of the jump from college to the NFL. I hope Tepper has made the right move and it works out. Next big decision is Cam's future for next season.

It’s a risk. Why not. Let’s see who he brings in for staff now.

Interesting move by Tepper. I am always skeptical of the jump from college to the NFL. I hope Tepper has made the right move and it works out. Next big decision is Cam's future for next season.

Prediction: Rhule leaves Carolina after three years and replaces Saban at Alabama.

We hired this vest over hoodie wearing, got skull fucked in the sugar bowl, loser? Ugh.

Give me McCarthy, and I would have hated that hire to.

This is a guaranteed bust. At least we would be going 8-8 with McCarthy.

If I was Cam I would be begging for a trade.

WTF are you talking about? Grobe left the cupboard completely bare for Ruhle, who went 1-11 the next year.

I'm worried about the fact that Ruhle doesn't have much in the way of recruiting connections in the southeast. How are we going to get talent onto the team? Does he have a good relationship with the coaches a Myers Park? Can Guitar get him in with the coaches in the Huntersville area?

These are big issues that need to be solved.

Yeah, McCarthy has a 10-8 postseason record and a Super Bowl victory. Rhule has... a Texas Bowl victory? Rhule probably has more upside, but pretty tough to argue it's the "better" hire.

Rhule was the coach of the Temple team that Wake beat in the 2016 Military Bowl, having left for Baylor before the bowl game.

I think it is an awesome hire from what I've read. Not only did he completely turn around 2 programs from horrible situations (Temple a perenially loser for decades and Baylor reeling from scandal and a vacationing Grobe for one last coaching spell) by all accounts his players love him. He has coached virtually every position and is adaptable as he was smash mouth @ Temple greatly improving their strength and line play while adjusting to a hybrid RPO with strong emphasis on run @ Baylor. Going into Texas as a New Yorker he was smart and brought in some of the top Texas HS football coaches and built a great staff and by all accounts HS football coaches warmed up to him quickly which is no small task for an out of stater especially New Yorker and a couple of his assistants had NFL experience with 49ers so expecting he might bring one or two of them.

Great article about how Baylor players were whining in 1st year due to his intense workouts and practice as players said they liked the less intense way from the previous years (guessing Grobe was just babysitting and not pushing real hard knowing just a one year deal), but they ultimately bought in and clearly made them a great team. Clearly an old school mentality which is what Tepper said he wanted.

Also in an older article Ruhle said he would only go to NFL if he had a fair amount of control as that was critical to having success at any level and didn't go to Jets as they wouldn't let him hire his people, so guessing Tepper is giving a lot of control to him. Will be interesting to see how how Hurney is impacted and wouldn't be surprised if changes come there sometime in near future. But he no doubt will hire the coaches he feels are best.

Also Tepper doesn't mess around. Ruhle was slated to interview with Giants today and was apparently good friend of Giants owner Mara, but Tepper knew he had to lock him up so he did whatever it took to lock him in now.

And as mentioned he wears the hoodie well which bodes well for greatness ;)

I think it is an awesome hire from what I've read. Not only did he completely turn around 2 programs from horrible situations (Temple a perenially loser for decades and Baylor reeling from scandal and a vacationing Grobe for one last coaching spell) by all accounts his players love him. He has coached virtually every position and is adaptable as he was smash mouth @ Temple greatly improving their strength and line play while adjusting to a hybrid RPO with strong emphasis on run @ Baylor. Going into Texas as a New Yorker he was smart and brought in some of the top Texas HS football coaches and built a great staff and by all accounts HS football coaches warmed up to him quickly which is no small task for an out of stater especially New Yorker and a couple of his assistants had NFL experience with 49ers so expecting he might bring one or two of them.

Great article about how Baylor players were whining in 1st year due to his intense workouts and practice as players said they liked the less intense way from the previous years (guessing Grobe was just babysitting and not pushing real hard knowing just a one year deal), but they ultimately bought in and clearly made them a great team. Clearly an old school mentality which is what Tepper said he wanted.

Also in an older article Ruhle said he would only go to NFL if he had a fair amount of control as that was critical to having success at any level and didn't go to Jets as they wouldn't let him hire his people, so guessing Tepper is giving a lot of control to him. Will be interesting to see how how Hurney is impacted and wouldn't be surprised if changes come there sometime in near future. But he no doubt will hire the coaches he feels are best.

Also Tepper doesn't mess around. Ruhle was slated to interview with Giants today and was apparently good friend of Giants owner Mara, but Tepper knew he had to lock him up so he did whatever it took to lock him in now.

And as mentioned he wears the hoodie well which bodes well for greatness ;)

This gets me excited.

Other than turnarounds, which I love seeing, does he have a particular specialty? Offense? Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back