• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m good with Lawrence under one condition. He transfers to UGA so they Run a more NFL type offense, less QB runs, preserve his health and prepare him better for the pros.

Phil Snow named as DC. Served as DC at Baylor under Ruhle.

Has a bit of NFL experience:

Washington (2003)
Co-defensive coordinator & cornerbacks coach

Washington (2004)
Defensive coordinator & safeties coach

Detroit Lions (2005)
Defensive assistant

Detroit Lions (2006–2008)
Linebackers coach

The combined record of those teams was 26-70, including the infamous 0-16 Lions team. Obviously zero playoff appearances. Seems like a solid hire.

Yeah this is a head scratcher but our defense can only improve. I would’ve offered Wade $Texas

"Snow transformed the Baylor defense in 2019, helping the unit improve from 10th in the Big 12 in yards per play to first, as well as from eighth in scoring defense to first. Under Snow, the Bears finished third in the country in interceptions, eighth in fumble recoveries and ninth in sacks." via https://www.panthers.com/news/get-to-know-new-defensive-coordinator-phil-snow

I always thought Snow was a very well regarded Defensive coordinator in college, even though he most recently was in the Big 12 were defenses don´t normally exist.

Seems interesting that Rhule hired two finalist of the Broyle´s award (Top College Asst. Coach) to be on his staff in the NFL.

Panthers and G-reg agree to mutually part ways. Interesting he isn’t retiring. Had heard Fox really wants him.

Man this is a depressing time to be a Panthers fan. Our window of opportunity slammed shut, and then was boarded up. Hope we get Lawrence next season, and CMC doesn't somehow will us into not the first overall pick.

Might as well trade CMC in my opinion.

CMC is going to be an all time great RB. There’s little chance we would get good value for him. There’s inherent value in not needing to draft an RB as well although Hurney screwed that up.

I may be overthinking this but I think Greg would stay if Cam was coming back.

he will be in the booth with nantz on cbs after ESPN overpays romo to do MNF. he is saying he is still open to playing to use as leverage in negotiations with networks

Time to close this forever loading thread and start a new one with the end of the Ron-Luke-Greg-TD-primeCam-Kalil era. They had a pretty damn fun run though. Playoffs 4 out of 5 years, Super Bowl, the Dab, definitely one of my favorite groups to watch play.

2015 was the year. Not sure we will ever have that kind of team again. I hope we can make it back to the top, but even if so will be hard to be as fun as that team was.

we need that guitardeac scoop

Ok. I know for a fact that the Patriots tried to trade for Olsen during last season. Belichick has been in love with Olsen for years and told him so on the field immediately after the 2015 Super Bowl. I think that might be a spot he Olsen could wind up.

Ok. I know for a fact that the Patriots tried to trade for Olsen during last season. Belichick has been in love with Olsen for years and told him so on the field immediately after the 2015 Super Bowl. I think that might be a spot he Olsen could wind up.

ugggghhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back