• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official John Collins ROY Watch thread

So TD was the same player after 2 years at Wake as he was after 4? The extra 2 years made no substantial difference in his rookie season? That's what I'm talking about, being ready to play at a high level from day 1. More pt under DM would have made JC a more complete player as a rookie, there would have been less of a learning curve. Thus, he would be a greater contributer with more playing time as a rookie.
Fuck you guys are forgetting about moral character building and footballl.

my dude is incredible

Collins checks back in the game, grabs two rebounds, saves a Hawks turnover, and hits a jumper in Robin Lopez's eyeball, all in about 30 seconds. The kid is just a whirl of activity out there.

Anyone knowing if they’re playing him down the stretch?

He was in on defense in a 1 point game with 50 seconds left. But he's out on offense down 4 so the other guy can shoot a 3. The starter at PF Muscala had a decent game though, 9 boards and 4 assists 2-4 from 3.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get League Pass if Collins starts and the Hawks get decent.

Playing well but on a terrible team. Lost to an even more terrible Bulls team tonight.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get League Pass if Collins starts and the Hawks get decent.

Might get a John the Baptist jersey. And i think Atlanta is absolutely the worst city in this country by a mile

if i remember right, le bone had the hawks as a .500 team this year and was comparing them to the early-stage warriors

if i remember right, le bone had the hawks as a .500 team this year and was comparing them to the early-stage warriors

He said Prince could be like Kawhi. Prince had 3 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl tonight.

Justin Jackson 3/3 7-1-1 in only 8 minutes of action so far. Definitely didn’t see him playing at this level this quickly.

Close. It's a triple and 3 doubles.

The challenge for the Hawks is keeping the fans happy with Collins playing enough time to show promise but not to win games for the tank.

In fairness to the Hawks, their most talented player has missed the last 2 games.
I picked up Collins in my fantasy league after the first game because I knew I couldn't bear to see him on someone else's team. I'm actually starting to expect him to produce a little something most nights now and it's great to see him earning more PT by the game. Turns out he's a very unique player and I just trust him to be smart, have good instincts and to always be learning- obviously in addition to his freakish motor.

Hawks have some injuries but they’re hard to watch. That team sucks right now. JC block was absurd

Think about how much Collins would have blocked that shot last night if he had another year of college under his belt !

Back