• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official John Collins ROY Watch thread

meh, shoulder injury. Don't know how serious, but there's a video of it and his arm is in a sling.

Last edited:
1. Simmons
2. Donavan Mitchell
3. Tie: Kuzma and Tatum
4. Tie: Collins and Lauri Markkanen

It's real close after Simmons.

Hope Collins' should is not too bad - love his FG% - unreal.

1. Simmons
2. Donavan Mitchell
3. Tie: Kuzma and Tatum
4. Tie: Collins and Lauri Markkanen

It's real close after Simmons.

Hope Collins' should is not too bad - love his FG% - unreal.

Simmons and Tatum are the clear 1 and 2. After that I’d go Mitchell/Collins (JC is slightly better but Mitchell’s volume puts him even), Kuzma, Markkanen, Ball.

The gap between Simmons and Tatum is smaller than between Tatum and the field.

Tatum is a better shooter but Ben is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, and defender, at least looking cursorily at counting stats and #eyetest. It's really not close between the two. I think a major difference is the two year age difference though. Tatum has been really good on a better team (with lower usage rate).

Tatum is a better shooter but Ben is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, and defender, at least looking cursorily at counting stats and #eyetest. It's really not close between the two. I think a major difference is the two year age difference though. Tatum has been really good on a better team (with lower usage rate).

Two year age difference is "major" at 19 and 21? :bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Also age is more about usage/wear and tear than a number. Simmons didn't play at 20. So, he had no wear and tear that year.

He essentially got a redshirt year to learn in the NBA. That's massive.

He essentially got a redshirt year to learn in the NBA. That's massive.

"I think a major difference is the two year age difference though"

But your position was that the difference between Tatum's 19 and Simmons being 21` is "major". It's likely of little to no consequence. I'd lean very heavily to no consequence.

And that's before putting in the "red-shirt year".

There you go changing your position when found to be demonstrably wrong rather simply saying you are wrong.

You are so goddamn stupid.

You are the one who said:

" I think a major difference is the two year age difference though.

But I am the one who is "so goddamned stupid".

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Last edited:
Even if you were correct, this does not help your cause

My bad, you have never made a typo in your life.

But please explain how I am wrong. You did say "even if you were correct".

I am waiting...

Last edited:
Simmons sat for three months with his foot injury, and spent almost the entire time watching film while rehabbing, and then in the 9 months that included the offseason, worked out with fucking Lebron James while Tatum was on summer vacation getting drunk. The age difference I mentioned encompasses the experience gained over the time Ben was in the league while Tatum wasn't, even though he didn't play. That, plus his time with the Australian national team, and the extra year in prep school has helped his game a lot. Plenty of people way smarter than me have said this stuff lots of times. It's why he looks better than most other one and done rookies, the extra year of prep.

That's not at all what you said. But that you have had time to change the actual post to that, you do.

No, that's not right. You are simply far too stupid to understand something incredibly basic.

My bad, you have never made a typo in your life.

But please explain how I am wrong. You did say "even if you were correct".

I am waiting...

I didn't read the arguments and have no position one way or another. So I don't care who's right and wrong. I just noticed that you had horrible grammar and misspellings when attempting to call someone else stupid.

Pointless to attempt to reason with anyone who does not get the massive developmental difference between a 19 year-old male and a 21 year-old male in literally every athletic endeavor.

Back